Agnostic.com

8 9

LINK 10 easy ways you can tell for yourself that the Earth is not flat | Popular Science

This is a message for Flat Earthers everywhere.

ballou 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Really neat to see a near complete list, and a lot of it is interesting even if you don't believe in flat earth.

Flat earthers are beyond reason, science or commons sense. I would not bother just warn them not to stray too far away or they may fall off.

I want someone to answer this question: Is space flat or round? I'll be patiently waiting for an answer.

It’s my understanding that the universe is infinite and is constantly expanding. The science model that I have seen is that the countless galaxies are moving away from each other.

In an age where information is more accessible than ever before, we have to stop and make a list of things showing the earth is not flat... sad.

I'm surprised #1 wasn't because it is...

If it wasn't for flat earthers we wouldn't have this cool album cover though. ?

Absolutely the best comment on here.

I've always thought the elephant in the room as far as a flat earth is concerned is the sunset. On a flat earth it can't set, it can only get further away. If you can see the sun there's proof every evening that it ain't flat.

I've seen a flat earth model of sunset.

@Biosteelman How does that work?

The sun goes around the earth

Yes, it seems bulletproof and obvious. The comeback I’ve heard is something about the sun going beyond the vanishing point and doing some optical stuff.

@Biosteelman I get that but it goes round the earth on a flat plain, the sunsets I see just couldn't happen if the earth was flat. it goes below the horizon. But it's trying to rationalise the irrational, it's not possible

This is enough proof for me that the Earth is round.

[learning.blogs.nytimes.com]

Funny to see this post as there a a lot of Flat earthers living in the town I live in Inverness Scotland They even have a Pub downtown

Oh no... you have them in GB now? Thought it was just a Yank thing!

Last year there was a guy in the centre of Aviemore with a load of guff justifying his flat earth ideas. He was handing out leaflets to anyone who was interested. Surprised that this nonsense is centred in Inverness but it makes a change from Nessie.

@Moravian Are you in Aviemore it is such a beautiful town. I will definately miss your Beautiful country when I leave

@DavidGreen1 I actually live in Nethy Bridge which is about 11 miles north of Aviemore. You moving away shortly then ?

@Moravian Yes I am going home to crazy old America I have been here in Europe for the last 12 years Just want to spend some time with my Mom while I still can. I have absolutely loved living in Scotland The beauty and the people both

@Moravian It's seems to have become some sort of 'cultish' religion where it's adherents want to convert others to their 'world view'

@Skyfacer Either way it is crazy

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:313885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.