Agnostic.com

44 7

Would you rather be poor and work at a job you love or be rich and work at a job you hate? Why?

Crimson67 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Iā€™d rather work at a job I think is important and make a comfortable living.

I'd rather be rich and not have to work. However, since neither is the case, my input is pointless. šŸ˜‰

I don't mind being poor. In fact, I have found that money takes my motivation away...I like the struggle.

I'm not into taking advantage of others so I will always be poor.

Rich and work at a part-time job that I hate

No one in their right mind wants to be poor..it actually costs More to be poor in this corportized country..as for the rich?..I got my pitch fork ready.

@Crimson67 seems that the country is headed towards the "Nobility" of slave wages.

I am looking to take up an apprenticeship and hopefully get the best of both worlds. But if they were my only choices I choose to barely get by and be happy over being rich

poor at a job I love

I would rather do what I love and be broke.Oh wait that's what I am doing. Lol

I'd love enough money to travel the world for a couple of years or more. I don't think that will ever happen unless I win the lotto. Saying that, a job I love, there's noting better than job satisfaction and going to and from work with a šŸ™‚ on your face.

Might depend on how rich it will make me and how fast. If I could get rich enough to quit in a year or so, I might tough it out. I've been poor. There is just not a lot good to say about being poor. I've never been rich. I'm kind of in the middle now. More or less, I want more.

Do something I love and not worry about pay
I was a volunteer firefighter/emt for while loved it was not about money it was about helping and giving back to my community

I had a full time job.I liked some parts of it other not so much

I'd be willing to give rich a whirl. I can't say that I love my job, it suits me well and I can pay my bills but that's about as far as it goes. It's really kind of a pia to be poor.

I'm retired. I hate the jobs I hate, I love the jobs I love. I'd love to be rich, but I don't need to be.

Regarding this question, why would you work a job that you hate when you are rich? You must be stupid than.

Gert Level 7 Mar 2, 2018

@Crimson67 Well, yea, managing your stocks can be work too. Most people let others manage their richness when I understood well.

Poor and work at a job I love!! Poor is only a state of mind, if you are creative with your 'little' money.

I made that choice 30 years ago, not so much a job I love, but one that my conscience can live with.

poor for sure

I choose to follow my passion every time! I am fortunate to be able eat well, sleep well, be relatively safe and maintain my health though. It has also cost me some lost relationships, although other aspects of my personality certainly played a roll there as well.
Bottom line for me I couldn't live anyother way. Having said that you are the best judge for yourself.

Poor and happy, without a doubt. The only reason I'd want to be rich and work a job I hate is because we need the money badly.

poor and happy.

If I'm rich enough early retirement baby

If I lost my cozy/comfy actual working situation (I love my work - it's like the play I did as a kid, but for the benefit of a company) And Then had to choose between the paltry 2 diametrically opposed options, I'd go with working the job I hate, because I grew up in poverty, I know how bad that sucks, and I had a gracious plenty of it already, thank you

That's a tough one. I would rather be poor and love my job.

Many would agree that working at a job you love, even if it means having a lower income, is a more fulfilling choice. Job satisfaction and a sense of purpose can significantly improve the quality of life. It's about finding that balance between financial stability and happiness.

In essence, being rich but unhappy in a job you dislike can lead to stress and burnout, while choosing a career you're passionate about can bring joy and contentment. It's a personal choice, but one that often leans towards job satisfaction and a fulfilling life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.