Agnostic.com

18 0

What would be the most memorable travel adventure you have experienced?

Vwguy1971 3 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Chichen Itza. The Mayan ruins are amazing.

There are too many to list! Above ground? Below ground? New Mexico volcanic fields? Idahidian (sorry, I love to invent words) mountains, the Arabian sea, fog in West Virginia, Texas canyon country, Minnesota in January, London with a bottle of vodka..... I wouldn't choose any of them as a favorite. Every single one is special.

My most memorable is not a good kind of memorable. My housemates and I drove from northern Minnesota to the Puget Sound area. Halfway through Wyoming, after being held up by a violent storm, on a moonless night on a rural highway with no lights, we hit a deer. Nobody was injured and the airbags didn't deploy, but we were stuck in Buffalo, Wyoming for a week, surrounded by the kind of people you'd expect to find in such an area, and ended up having to rent a 25-foot U-Haul truck to get the rest of the way here... but not before we (three lesbians) had to spend several hours in a truck with a homophobic Fox News fan with several firearms in said truck just to get to Billings, Montana to get said U-Haul. The drive in what amounted to a sail on wheels was nothing short of harrowing, especially when I had to drive it through a mountain pass the approximate width of David Tennant. Then we sat around in an area called Snoqualmie waiting for blasting to finish before we finally came out the other side of the Cascades. We spent three days in a stupidly expensive hotel in SeaTac, just recovering.

TL;DR:. Fuck Wyoming and it's suicidal cervids.

Starting from Auckland New Zealand. An organised tour beginning with the Russian cruise ship, the Taras Schevencho, to Tahiti through the Panama Canal, Colon, Curacao, Kingston Jamaica, [ dangerous place ] on to England, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, the Shetland Islands, Isle of Sky, Orkney Isles, Italy, Visited the workshops of the Concorde at Heathrow airport, on to Edinborough Scotland. Paris, viewed the site of Joan of Arc's burning at the stake [ Yuk, Yuk, Yuk.] viseted a sex shop in soho, saw many devices projecting from the wall which I mistook for hat holders !!, an incredible learning experience.what culture....

So far it's a toss up between a cruise I took where I took in Mayan pyramids in every port and renting a jeep in Cozumel and driving around the less touristy side with my daughter.

My year in Crete, Greece. Eventually the cost was my divorce. Still takes the Prize in my Life. No Regrets!!!

• The Current, Eleuthera, The Bahamas.
  • Camels Hump shelter overnight, 1960

Touring Europe and Asia with a rock band

OK, so imagine projecting yourself 10 years in the future and finding yourself travelling in a Russian taxi cab on the beltway around Moscow at 4 in the morning... before knowing you would be hitched to a Russian women who you met while she was visiting her childhood figure skating coach in Massachusetts. And then bringing her grown son to come attend college, only to see him strucken with a brain tumour whic he would not survive, which would lead her devastated and eventually wanting to adopt a Russian child. When I think back on it all, it was quite a journey. We're no longer together unfortunately, another story I'd rather not get into.

godef Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

The red light district in Lisbon Portugal.
Hey, I was 20, it made an impression.

The virgin islands, caught a 10 foot 540lb blue marlin, two days later went through hurricane Irma at 285 mph winds. 3 days later evacuated to Puerto Rico. Made it back to Florida where I live to deal with recovery at home, no power for weeks. Best vacation ever.....

285 MPH winds put the fear on me. That is certainly a Trip to Remember.

Family trip to Jamaica!

Alaskan cruise.

LSD in the seventies.

I can Relate to that. You need to read some of my stories here. We are the lucky ones that lived, loved and sexed before AIDS and HERPES.

I worked at a ski area one winter in Utah; actually lived in a small trailer on the mountain during that time. I got to work with some really nice people (yes, many were Mormons), and had some excellent adventures grooming slopes in the moonlight in a sno-cat, night skiing, partying hard in the middle of Mormon country, sweeping the mountain with the Ski Patrol, and having one of the Ski Patrolmen show me how to make a bong out of bamboo; and this was in the early 70's.

Being 17 years old, and set loose in London, with no adult supervision.
I had a blast!

The Negev Desert, Dead Sea, Qumram. Field ecology unit. Cataloging scat in 100 degree plus temperatures. Spelunking up to my pupik in mud. Keep your tourist pap, I wanna get dirty.

Hiking into, and out of, the Grand Canyon with my young daughter and son.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31491
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.