Agnostic.com

36 8

Are you a gamer?

I haven't purchased a gaming system since PS2, which I still use to play DVDs, LOL. I need something new to amuse myself these days so I'm looking to upgrade, but it's been so long since my gaming days that I'm a little lost. Looking for console & game recommendations. To give you an idea of what I'm into - I used to love Silent Hill, Devil May Cry, and Tomb Raider. I loved The Sims for PC, too.

NicThePoet 7 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Uncharted 4, and Horizon: Zero Dawn are both really fun, immersive games.

No, not at all. When my ex and I were first married she couldn't find the games on my PC. I told her that was because I never used them. She had to unpack that to use them for a first time.

Has anyone checked out piretrogaming?

It’s a console that has all the retro systems in it. Atari, ps1&2, zx spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga And goodness knows what else.

Looks like a retro game nirvana

I wish I was, because so many people get so much enjoyment from them and I really appreciate just how much skill and art goes into creating them. Unfortunately, every single one I've ever tried bored me half to death within five minutes.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

I have an XBox One. I've only played Gears of War. Would like to write a video game someday.

Xbox one! Also the old “Lords of the realm on PC!

Xbone lover

Can't say that I am, but thanks for asking!

I play classic/older games, on PC only though, only other game system I ever owned was an Atari. Some of my favorites are Alien vs Predator 2, Shogo MAD, Soldier of Fortune, and Deus Ex.

I would say go for a good spec PC. Choose a motherboard with room to grow RAM/GFX card etc, reason being most video games are developed on a PC then ported to consoles later. You can then choose your preferred control method mouse joystick wheel gamepad etc all USB game by game.

As for recommendations, sounds like you are an RPG/FPS/Simulation fan so:

Skyrim Special Edition
Fallout 4
Farcry 5 (2 is still the best tho)
Borderlands 1 and 2 (3 comming soon)
Shadow of War
Assasins Creed Series

City Skylines
FTL (Faster than Light)
Surviving Mars
Crusader Kings 2
Rimworld ( way better than the Sims imho)
XCOM 1 and 2
Sims 4 (I guess but I don't like it personally, lost its charm for me)

Anyway hope that's helpful to you 😉

I was... in the 20th century. Since the 2-bit consoles. Upgrading graphic and sound card every year. Father of a current semi pro gamer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.