Agnostic.com

10 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What do the Nuns think of the Nones.

They are likely to whip out their rulers.

I did my part. I raised a small family of 'nones' 😉

Can't you have a few more, for the cause?

Unfortunately they don't "advertise" it like the believers do.

Good. I hope they vote.

Way to go! More people are seeing through the fog of religious demagoguery and stepping away as the true masters of themselves.

I think the present US Constitution destroying attempts by the evangelicals are scaring people to leave religion. The large number of pedophile charges (among all sects not just Catholic) also doesn't help them.
The comment😘"That’s largely a function of the fact that they’re white and they’re old.” *is only partially true. At every FFRF convention most of the people attending are older and white. I would be curious as to what economic level these evangelicals belong to.

However, caution needs to be shown. Only a fifth of the "nones" gave a lack of belief in a god as their reason for being a "none". That means that only a twentieth of the population are actually atheist.
However, I noted another item of interest. Only around 2% of Americans registered as being of the Jewish faith. If that is the case, they certainly have a highly disproportionate effect on American politics. Any academics care to explain the anomaly?

One of the largest secular groups,worldwide, are the cultural Jews.

@JackPedigo Do you mean people of Jewish heritage, but not of Jewish faith?

@Petter Yes. [thejc.com]

@JackPedigo That is a very interesting article. Thanks.

It’s about time people started waking up and denouncing the damn programming that all religions spew. Lies and mind control geared towards guilt and...well shit I could go on and on and on and on and...

Yaaaaaaay us!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:316101
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.