Agnostic.com

8 1

Memes are spam... Or are they?

Part of the "point" of memes is to make the poster feel better about themselves, and partly to make this a "we" (impersonal, royal, vague) should do something about "them". Click and share and you'll be blessed.

But they also capture a very emotional reactive thought process, that people can really build on.... If they do a double take and ask themselves what is the essence of their reaction.

• 1 vote
  • 2 votes
  • 16 votes
MarkiusMahamius 7 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've seen informative memes produced and shared online with medical biological or political facts so I would not say they are all spam. Though some can be spam, others can be useful as conveyors of knowledge/info.

I just laugh at memes and move on with my life. No more thought given.

Memes are entertainment.

Memes can be funny too. You need more choices in your poll. Here's a nice meme you can download & use when you see a meme that you like!

Carin Level 8 Mar 26, 2019

Memes are relevant, you are not. Frankly this is like complaining about electronically stored music replacing 8 tracks.

I love adding funny goofy memes to my FB page if they make me laugh or say what I want to say in a concise way with a photo or phrase. Like adding seasonings to a dish....adds some spice. The same with posting and sharing GIFs and emoticons.

Everyone can post whatever they like, as long as it’s within community guidelines. We don’t have to agree or not with what’s posted.
They don’t “make me think” or feel anything but I don’t mind the funny ones. It’s the mushy ones I could do without. Again, that is my own preference.

If you don’t like them scroll on..

Funny, I feel the same way about 'mushy' ones. Exactly the same with greeting cards...if I buy a mushy one or overly sentimental one I usually take my pen to it and make it silly somehow.

In a way they are, especially here where someone tries to post one to a group but it gets blasted into the general feed anyways.

Typically they don't do anything but tickle the people who already agree and piss of the people who don't. I'm at a loss to remember a single instance of when someone said " wow, that really made me think" but then again I don't read all the comments on them.

I could pretty much do without them.

1of5 Level 8 Mar 25, 2019

As far as i can tell, none of the stuff suggested by the site support forum, has helped much either. And weirdly enough, some of the same spammers are actually spamming that forum too. Fucking bitter.
[agnostic.com]

@MarkiusMahamius "has helped at all"

Fixed it for you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:317847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.