How to soften butter in the microwave:

1. Microwave for 5 seconds
  2. Look at it and say “hmm, still too hard”
  3. Microwave for another 2 seconds
  4. Enjoy your bowl of liquid butter

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A joke I remember hearing: being so impatient that you stand in front of the microwave and yell, "hurry!"

Lol ... same deal with those tubs of spreadable butter and olive oil I get, they are a little too hard to use right out of the fridge but I sometimes cheat when I'm in a hurry and give them 10 or 12 seconds in the microwave. Just enough to make it still a little bit too hard, because as you point out ... another 3 seconds and it's a tub of basting liquid.

@mordant

I stick melted butter in the freezer.

Tried table knives as butter paddles to shape soft butter. Fail.

I only put it in there if I want liquid butter. I just leave it out. I go through it too fast for it to go bad, just wash out the container after every stick how to use.

This one was my favorite:

Cook fish sticks for a kid & she'll eat for a day

But TEACH a kid to microwave her own fish stick and, well, she'll start a fish stick fire

Thosr are fantastic!

Other lists referenced at the bottom are pretty humerous, too...

Zster Level 8 Mar 27, 2019

I haven't had a microwave in 5 years.
I don't even miss having one.

House I'm leasing has one. I've been assured it works.

@1of5 Good luck with that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:319180
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.