Agnostic.com

5 1

Hello everyone! Though I joined a while back, I haven't posted yet. My friends are mostly religious, of some variety, and though I enjoy being with them, there are certain things we just can't talk about. As I get older, the idea of 'community' seems to be something I feel the need of. Most people seem to get that in a church. I do belong to art clubs, teach painting at Adult Ed. in the local community college, am a member of a book club, but these are all separate activities and a sense of community eludes me. Where does an agnostic/athiest go for community?

mjbirder 4 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Try Googling "Sunday Assembly"

Meetups.com can dirrect you to agnostic and atheist groups. Also Unitarian Universalist Churches.

I come here for the atheist community. Religion in the UK, while woven into the very fabric of our culture, Monarchy and history, is not in your face or tub thumped about so it's hard to tell who is and who isn't unless you ask. And the British are to polite to ask lol

Welcome, even if you've been here a while! We come here for community, haha. I live in the bible belt and I've only encountered two other atheists down here, so this site was such a relief to stumble upon.

here is good

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.