Agnostic.com

15 5

Who farts first?

When a relationship gets to a certain level of feeling comfortble that the other person accepts you entirely (not necesarily a "taking for granted" kind of comfortable, but more the kind of comfort of a favorite pair of shoes that you won't get rid of no matter how tattered they get), couples often start farting in front of each other. Usually it's the guy, probably because it is more culturally acceptable for a guy to fart, but sometimes it is the female.

I tend to wait for the guy to do the first, first fart (only exception would be if it was impossible to contain and there was no temporary escape), but if there is time apart, I usually do the first fart after that (no, that's not how I greet him, but it's kind of my way of telling him it's okay to be comfortable around me again).

It seems odd through our cultural lense that this would be a bonding experience, but I find that it is. When do you fart in a relationship?

ElizabethI 6 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a perfectly natural part of the digestion process, therefore it doesn't matter. When it happens, it happens. There's no point in having a hang up about something natural. I try to make her laugh hard to ensure she farts first.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

lol

Is farting cuz of laughing really hard normal? Im more likely to piss myself tbth. But thats prolly mostly cuz of training my body since i was really young to hold it for as long as possible so that now i sometimes won't even know i need to until i NEED to...and ill need to go pretty badly at some point and then sometimes forget for a few more hours lmao.

Mine are usually pretty odourless, so there's prolly plenty of times I've technically done it first tbh. The first time I'll make it obvious is generally when it's sulphuric (I tend to be unable to hold those in whatsoever) and I have to let him know to stay a good person xD

I just can't go here. It would require me to be someone I am not to even contemplate. I understand that this can be an issue to some. I just cannot wrap my noggin around it.

In most of my relationships the farter runs off to the bathroom and nobody know the difference or if anything happened at all. To believe it otherwise you would have to assume that nobody farts.

So to avoid being the First Farter we run to the toilet close the door and blast out gas while muffling the musical bean fruit by flushing the toilet simultaneously

Single women CANNOT fart! They don’t have assholes until after they are married.

I take antacids for heart burn, side effect almost zero flatulence so it is always the woman who fires off first and only.

Fart proudly -- Ben Franklin

@ElizabethI I used to struggle with this and pretend that I never broke wind and if I did it smelled of rainbows.... 🙂 Now I just let it go

LOL. I love you.

I tend to be gassy in the morning. My ex told me fairly early on that I fart in the night. He wasn’t laughing about it and I think it bothered him. I can’t help what I do when I’m sleeping! I think it shouldn’t be such a taboo thing.

People fart an average of 14 times a day - no matter the gender. In days past, men believed that women were magical creatures who never farted or ate, though they might nibble a little - but would never mind being interrupted while nibbling, and the food would be forgotten until it was time for her to clean it up, were always cheerful and light-hearted, basically never had needs of their own, and were always happy to defer to men while putting men's needs and wants first - and women were obliged to try to fulfill this fantasy. Some guys still have this fantasy that was instilled in them by their fathers, grandfathers, uncles, etc. and reinforced by their wives who were still trying to play the feminine role like good little girls.

And then there are men who can deal with reality. I prefer the guys in category B, but recognize there are a lot of guys who straddle the categories.

To me it is about not being rude no matter who I'm around. If one sneaks out so be it. You can always step into another room. That is what I do.

ive had 2 partners that i never heard or smelt fart ever and one was 14 years.

What about you? Did you ever fart around either of them?

yes, but I didn't think about when I should and I wouldn't go out of my way too either.

@LeighShelton of course not. One should never make a special effort to fart. It could get messy that way.

of course lol

Me but I come from a very let it loose family

This may explain a lot. I suffer cramps for no one. I'll make allowances for someone's comfort and leave the room or hold it in on an elevator. Otherwise all is fair game. Her reaction will weigh heavily on future relations. For me, squeamish is not sexy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.