Agnostic.com

12 4

Relationship Traits for over 50 dating

What are the three traits you look for most in a potential partner in a relationship and why?

Mark9393 6 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trustworthy, Genuine, Happy 🙂

@Mark9393 Not really traits. more am I comfortable around this person, is the conversation easy does the time spent with them leave me wanting more

When we are young we are told that we should look at a girls mother and that is how she will look when older.
If a woman has kids, I check the relationship she has with them. Many women do not understand the relationship I have with my kids.
Kindness is always my first, then honesty, number 3 can change depending on how I feel on the day, but loyalty is often there

Some great stuff here. I would add the shared experiences of our age.

Honesty, still have the desire to learn and experience new things, and emotionally healthy

Someone who is comfortable in their own skin, honesty and loyalty

Loyalty, sense of humor, socially liberal.

I ask for friendship first, good conversation second, and see where that leads third. Totally turned off to those who wantto jump straight to sex.

Intelligence, kindness, and sense of humor.

Why? 1 - I've had people assume that I am some intellectual snob due to my education and career. 2 - I am turned off by meanness, selfishness, intolerance, bigotry, etc. 3 - Humor is largely how I view and relate to the world. I really gravitate toward others who tend to not take things too seriously, either. (I also tend to drive super serious types mad with my seemingly cavalier approach).

Zster Level 8 Mar 4, 2018

Intelligence, personality and sense of humour would be there or there abouts but it's chemistry, one can and does fancy the oddest people that wouldn't necessarily tick any box lol

Attraction, chemistry, and the biggie, do I really like that person. If your thought is this would be a great relationship if..... You had better figure out if that 'if" is a big 'IF' or a small one, and whether you can live with it. You have to like them for who they are not who you want them to be.

there are more than three but at the top is just when you seem to click.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32357
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.