Agnostic.com

37 6

Do you hold doors for women?

I hold doors for anyone that is close to the door, I consider it a kind gesture. Better than letting the door slam in their faces haha.

AustinSkepticus 7 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hold doors for people - all of 'em.

Ditto.

men, women, children, seniors, the disabled, the perfectly abled - if I'm going through a door & someone's behind me, of course I keep it open for them!

I appreciate anyone holding the door open for me and always try to do the same for others.

My favorite is when someone you don’t expect to hold the door for you does. As a general rule I try not to stereotype people. But it just makes my heart so happy when you see a “tough or dangerous” looking person hold the door open for someone. When I was pregnant it was always the biggest, burliest, surly looking guys with neck tattoos that would fall over themselves to grab the door for me....I loved that! Way to make people realize that, despite what the public may see you as, you are a damn good person!

And I always say thank you to whoever has opened one for me.

I hold doors for everybody. 🙂

If I am in front of anyone I will hold the door for them.

I hold doors for women and men, I think its called manners 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

I hold doors for everyone. And if i don't get even a nod of acknowledgement, i tend to shout "thank you is traditional you know"

I can see your point, and to a certain extent, agree with it. All i ask is an acknowledgement, in the same way i would do the same, so i am holding other people up to my standard. And possibly reminding them, when i do shout, that please and thank you cost nothing.

I hold the doors for anyone, and certainly don't mind the favor being returned.

Yes, thank you! I hold the door if I am closest. Although i sometimes walk with a cane, my arms aren'ty broken, so I hold the door. I noticed that men are getting much more comfortable with a woman holding the door for them. It's that or my threatening glare gives them a hint!

And men, and sometimes they hold doors for me.

I often do. Somewhat with a preference to women, But I often do for men as well. I deliver retail products and almost never fail to appreciate the gesture when it is returned to me.

Of course I do. Etiquette and good manners are a way of life. My parents raised me to be a gentleman to have good manners and to also have a lot of fun in life

Of course I do. Etiquette and good manners are a way of life. My parents raised me to be a gentleman to have good manners and to also have a lot of fun in life

I hold doors for people, yes.

I hold doors open for everyone, not just women.

I hold doors for people regardless of their gender if I'm the first one through the door.

Pretty much for anyone.

I was brought up ith old fahioned etiquette and manners. Of course I open the door for women.

I'll hold the door for whoever is behind me.

I hold doors open for people.

It's polite.

Always. I was raised a gentleman and I will die a gentleman.

I hold the door for everyone.

Iffy Level 5 Mar 5, 2018

I hold doors for both, almost always get a positive response

I hold the door for anyone who is behind me. It's only polite.

I hold the door for anyone behind me whether they are a woman or a man. Some don't appreciate it though. Some don't care. Some think you are being sexist. Some times I feel like letting it close on their faces. Then again, NY doesn't breed too many well mannered people in the city.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32747
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.