Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Republicans Jim Jordan And Mark Meadows Warn Drug Companies Not To Cooperate With Congressional Investigation

In case you wondered whose side they were on.

WASHINGTON — In an unusual move, House Republicans are warning drug companies against complying with a House investigation into drug prices.

Republicans on the House Oversight Committee sent letters to a dozen CEOs of major drug companies warning that information they provide to the committee could be leaked to the public by Democratic chair Elijah Cummings in an effort to tank their stock prices.

Cummings requested information from 12 drug companies such as Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson, and Novartis AG in January as part of a broad investigation into how the industry sets prescription drug prices.

In their letters, Reps. Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows — leaders of the hardline conservative House Freedom Caucus — imply that Cummings may be attempting to collect the information in order to bring down the industry’s stock prices.

jerry99 8 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Both of these elected officials have abandoned their constituents. I wonder how much money the big drug companies have paid them.

Also here's the last 5 days of the DOW pharmaceutical index, as of 4/10 morning

Of course now that this has come out, stocks will suffer anyhow. Traders are a nervous group. I don't believe for a second that the politicians on both sides aren't engaging in "accident on purpose" targeted leaks. And "insider trading".

I love to know who's shorting the big pharma stocks.

These two should be in front of a firing squad. Both are traitors to our Country.

All I know about Jim Jordan is what I saw in the Cohen hearing. He sounded a lot like Trump and should be ashamed of himself.

He was also an assistant college wrestling coach who claims he knows nothing about alleged sexual abuse by a team doctor. Can't figure out why this never got the media coverage as the Penn State abuse scandle.

@silverotter11 Somehow I am not surprised.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:328096
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.