Agnostic.com

7 5

This 'prodigal son' is returning....

For those who've been around awhile, you'll know I stepped away for a bit. I had to make some time for life. 😉

But I feel I am able to make a return to participating in the site; life has changed DRASTICALLY!

So I went from studying full-time, teaching casually, to studying by distance ed and teaching more often.

However, I've been accepted for a job too delicious to refuse! Working in tourism, getting paid well (which is rare 1. In tourism and 2. In NZ).

So I'm in the process of relocating to Auckland; start the new job this Friday morning at 5.20am.

Unfortunately, it's left my instructor position somewhat up in the air, although I may still be able to teach casually in Auckland. But in the interim I no longer have access to students (after tomorrow's last class), and therefore I can't continue my studies, as I need to have access to students for what I've been studying.

Anyway, what that means is that for the time being at least I won't be studying, so can spend a bit of time on here. Not to the same extent as previously, but I feel comfortable contributing again.

For those who do know me, here's a bit of an update:

Apart from the above, I've decided that when I get to Auckland, I'm selling my car, buying a wee camper van, and going to live in that. Yep. A hobo on wheels; that's me! 😉

And again, for anyone who knows me, I have developed strong feelings about the state of our species, and given that I turn 40 in a couple of weeks, I was seriously considering having a vasectomy, thereby ensuring that I don't personally contribute to the growing global population. Of course, it was not a spur-of-the-moment consideration; I'd been thinking about it for 5 years, but decided to give myself 5 years to take into account any 'what ifs'.

Well, 5 years is here. And 40 is literally around the corner. I feel more sure about my position than ever before.

So the deed is done. This past Thursday I had a vasectomy. Yep, just 5 days ago.

So no little Kreigs will grace the earth. Not to say that I don't love children, and am not open to a relationship with someone (perhaps a certain someone) with children.....

A few of you know pretty much all of this, given that we've become friends on Facebook. But some don't. And all of you who have signed on since I stepped away, you're probably going, "Who gives a shit mate?" 😀

Anyway, happy to be back, looking to contribute every now and then. 🙂

Kreig 7 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome back! You were missed!

Hi Kreig welcome back-we've all been going through changes.

Glad to have you back.

I’m a newbie but always enjoy hearing people’s story. Congrats on the new job and hope you’re healing from the ??

Congrats on the new job. Hope you enjoy New Zealand.
Not exactly sure what the appropriate response is to a vasectomy, but
good on ya for being responsible.

Welcome back Kreig - we missed ya!

Admin Level 9 Mar 6, 2018

Welcome back!

Congratulations on the new position and the new journey!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33165
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.