Agnostic.com

32 3

How much does a pet add to your daily life?

Marine 8 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everything! No one loves me as much, or is ALWAYS as happy to see me, as
Her Royal Cuteness. She turns 13 in September, and we will have been together
for 12 years. She has been my constant companion, and has been with me through
some of the most difficult times in my life. There were days when, if it hadn't been for
her, I might not still be here. She needed me to get on with my life and not roll over
just because things happened that I couldn't control. She's getting old and grumpy,
like her mama, but she is the best thing that ever happened to me. I may have rescued
her all those years ago, but she's rescued me right back, every day, ever since.

They do that!

These guys need me, as much as I need them. With my kids gone, and no nearby family, I’m alone. My pups give me a reason to get out of bed. Period. No matter how much my body says to atrophy into a ball of bedclothes, my pups say get the fuck up and take me to pee! They are very important to my physical and emotional health.

that is one cute herd ya got there !

Herd, yes we are! It’s important to us to be able to all be under the same blanket. 😉@evergreen

All three of my cats are such different individuals and all give me a reason to be.

Love them.

He reminds me that love can be unconditional, and that's important to remember.

Welcome !!!

The love of a pet, while different from receiving human love, can awaken such strong and positive emotions. I love my cats.

Unconditional love!

A lot! Just moved to a place with a fenced in yard so that I can get a rescue

Whatever it is, a dog or cat, they really do add a dimension to home life.

Pretty sure I'd die without ours.

Given that I have three dogs, two cats and three birds, I would say a bit of work and annoyance; but a lot more companionship, fun and affection.

Taking care of my pets reminds me to take care of myself

I wish I had one, a dog specifically.

JVee Level 4 Mar 6, 2018

My dogs add so much pleasure that since I first owned my first home I have never been without at least two dogs. We are currently on 14 &15. I am holding my 61/2 lb dog as I type as she just loves to sit on my lap.We have some great discussions and she is very wise.Their welcome when we come home after being away just makes my heart beat faster. They are always happy.

They are NEVER not happy to see you, are they?

She's my family.

I'll put it this way ... I wouldn't want to be on the planet without all the animals ! Those that live with me, and those that are all around me outside !

They inspire, amuse, provide reliable companionship, and are fatihful and loving in ways that humans can never be ...

My Kampfire Kitties. They love hanging out with me around the fire.

They add so much it's impossible to measure.

He brought play back, he's a frisbee fetching lab, he gets me outside, he makes me smile.

Lauxa Level 5 Mar 6, 2018

I think the cats keep me form gettign things done. When they fall asleep on me, I dont'; wna to get up and do things because it woudl disturb them. However, they are very cute and entertainig.

That's "Cat Paralysis in case you don't know.... happens to the best of us.

@RavenCT Nice to have a name for it.

I love my cat. He's cute and fun to pet.

Almost too much. I can't even go to the store around the corner without hearing him howl the whole way so I had him trained as a service pet and now I can/have to bring him everywhere

It is a delight to be awakened affectionately by my sweet little cat in the morning. She goes out with me when I work in my vengetable garden, and often sleeps in my lap when I watch TV. She adds much sweetness to the day

That cannot be quanitatified - how much does you spouse add to your life (assuming you have one and are on speaking terms 🙂, or your children? We're in our 70's, all of our children and grandchildren are grown and none live close by. Our two little yorkies help with that feeling of separation and the empty house syndrome. They are now our children and our lives would be pretty empty without them. We have had dogs all of our married lives (54 years), but now more than ever we would be so lonely without them.

My pets are everything to me

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33240
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.