Agnostic.com

8 11

White Supremacist Gets Life in Prison for Running Down Black Teen

White supremacists deserve public condemnation.

Thank you, Portland, Oregon jurors! Southern racists, take note.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Criminals must be prosecuted and sent to prision if convicted in a Court of law. Race should not have anything to do here.

@IamNobody

*"Race should not have anything to do here." Wrong.

It was a hate crime. Read the article:

"Russell Courtier’s sentencing came after jurors in March found Courtier, 40, guilty of murder, hit-and-run driving and the hate crime of second-degree intimidation in the death of 19-year-old Larnell Bruce."

@LiterateHiker it was a crime. Period

@IamNobody

You are deliberately ignoring the fact that the white supremacist targeted a black man to hit with his car.

Legal definition of "hate crime."

[legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com]

@LiterateHiker and you are laser focus on this particular crime to make a statement. All I am saying is that a crime is a crime regarding any useless labels.

@IamNobody

Don't you know what a white supremacist is? Or a hate crime?

These are not "useless labels."

I see both sides here. What there is, is an extra crime of racial violence.

@Sofabeast I'll stick to my story

@ToolGuy I understand that... My point is:
Exhibit A: White kills white with premeditation
Exhibit B: White kills black with premeditation
How is B different than A?

Awesome!
Way to often now in this country the Privaleged get a pass on horrible things!

Any journey starts with the first step no matter how small, and I agree about Damn time.👍

Holy shit about goddam time a racist in the US gets convicted for his hate crime or hate violence against a minority. This is so bloody rare that it is worth posting.

Excellent>

Good! Assholes need to be held accountable for theri actions.

One down, thousands to go. Note, sorry for the pessimistic thought, but, that was in Portland and not the South or Idaho (home to the largest number of white supremacist groups in the US)

Hooray

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 17, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:332699
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.