Agnostic.com

7 0

Dating outside social constructions?

Where is the best place to meet people if you don't have a belief system built around relationships? (e.g. you're not exclusively interested in monogamy, serial monogamy, polyamory, hooking-up, dating, swinging, or anything in particular) What if you're just a human interested in exploring relationships? How do you describe yourself, and what do you tell co-workers or friends who ask about your 'relationship status,' etc?

Arrow42 3 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just go with saying "we don't put a label on it." As for where to find folks like that, I know of a community, but it's Naughty(TM), so PM me and I'll send you the link.

I think you'd need hard hats to do so..

Free spirit?

Inexpensive spirit.

Free spirit on a budget-lol

Play it by ear

I hear you.

Tell them that the terms of the witness relocation agreement that you signed do not allow you to divulge that information. THAT statement should discourage idle inquiries across a whole multitude of topics.

I don't mean to be dismissive; I agree with the other comments that say "It's none of your business" when others ask. Or you can say, "I'm still figuring it out. Do you know anyone cute?" You give them some info, you ask for some info -- seems like an equitable exchange to me.

I thought your first comment was funny. 🙂

Mostly, "none of your business".

KK, would those actual words literally come out of your mouth?

I don't think I've ever said those words to another person. May have thought them, but always found a different way out of answering.

@BlueWave I've said those words in response to questions like that, and others. I have very definite boundaries. If people are going to be rude enough to ask questions that are none of their business, I have no problem responding that way. It mostly occurred in workplace settings. I was there to work, not socialize. That's not to say I was anti-social, but there are just some things I felt were inappropriate to talk about at work.

@KKGator Well, you go girl! 🙂

Tell them you’re “undeclared.”

LOL!!! I would love to see the reaction on somebody's face to that. 🙂

LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.