Agnostic.com

7 1

IS THIS THE MEANING OF FATE

Fate is what happens to you in spite of all your plans

Nicolas100 2 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First rule of any plan - SHIT HAPPENS - what matters is how you deal with it

for the believers: man plans & god laughs.

No, that's called life.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 21, 2019

now i am going to ask you a question mostly (not totally) unrelated to your post, but i don't want to engage in a private message with you, so forgive me. i can't help noticing that you say in your profile that you are religious and are 100 percent sure of (presumably the divinity of) jesus. that's fine. all are welcome here. you also say you're interested in meeting women. that's also fine; this is partly a dating site. but i can't help wondering, because of the experience i, and many here, have had with those who claim to be religious and yet join this site, why you would specifically be looking for a woman who is almost certainly an atheist or an agnostic. the experience i mentioned is not a good one. it is that most people who come here claiming to be religious are one of the following: 1. coming here to convert as many of us as possible, 2. looking for a nonbelieving partner to convert, 3. looking for hook-ups in the mistaken belief that atheists are more sexually active than religious people (specifically christians) because there is no god telling us "no," 4. curious, or 5. outright scammers. i don't think you are here for 1 or 5. i am not sure about 2, 3 or 4. so my question, and i mean no offense, is: why DOES a person claiming to be religious come to agnostic.com? i will add that i don't look at the profile of every single person to whose post i make a response; your question about fate made me think you might be religious so i went and looked, and presto i-thought-so-oh, there it was. thus i ask.

g

You're too kind. Looks like just another christian idiot to me - just joined today, empty profile, creepy first/only post.

@jerry99 i know. i try to be kind.

g

Reply to your comments: 1, I didn’t post here for you to judge me or question me 2, I only post this to learn and understand what fate really means and fate has nothing to do with my private life been single or married why can’t you just face the reality on what I post instead of digging into my private life what I’m here to do or here for is none of your business. 3. I can be single and a Christian a good believe God knows who serve him either he or she God sees the heart 4. we are here to learn from others and understand the true meaning of religion or what’s going on around the word thank you

@Nicolas100 oh, i see, you put my name in your original post as "do not enter" so i would know you didn't want to hear from ME. you didn't post for people to judge or question. well, guess what? you post, we respond, and there are no guarantees that everyone will agree with you, or even approve of you. you take your chances like all of us when you post. but on the other hand, i asked you a QUESTION. if you take offense to it, maybe that kind of answers my question, doesn't it? and who is digging into your private life? we commented on what you POSTED, either here or on your profile. if it's private, why did you make it public? you can't have it both ways. as for facing the REALITY of what you post, i beg your pardon but i do not accept you as the arbiter of reality. no one has to take your word as gospel! and by the way, you don't get to dictate why we are here, or how people may respond to you. you are not god, right?

respect: what you have to give to get. my post was polite. your response wasn't. respect is therefore not what you get in return. you want it? it doesn't take much to earn it but you have definitely missed the mark.

g

Fate seems to imply that some agent other than you is at the wheel. It often suggests that it is taking you where you should go instead of where you want to go. I think that's a fantasy for well-off, well-educated people.

Thank you

fate? what fate? are you a fatalist? anyway you are misquoting john lennon. it's LIFE that happens to you WHILE you're making other plans. he may have been quoting someone else. fate is not a thing.

g

Thank you

Meh

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:335291
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.