Agnostic.com

52 14

How many of you feel discriminated against for been Atheist? Do you agree, we need laws that protects atheist, non-believers, freethinkers minorities?

Many religious groups always claim protection under the constitution for their beliefs. Yet, they constantly attack secularists as bigots for calling out their privilege and shortsightedness. How many of you feel it's the opposite. We don't get protection against the bigotry we face. Do you feel we get fair treatment?

missgi 5 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (51 - 52)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's never been an issue for me because I don't wear it on my sleeve. I also don't feel the need to b^^ch slap someone who wishes me a blessed day or tells me that one day I'll see my brother again. While I haven't had to deal with co-workers since 1994 as I have been self-employed since - when I did have co-workers - it never came up. They may have let their belief in "God" slip out but I never felt the need to correct them. If I attend a family dinner where people bow their heads to say grace - I bow my head - but while they're praying to their "God" - I'm thinking about whether or not I should have gravy on my potatoes - they don't know - they're not mind readers. I would never wear an atheist t-shirt - that's someone just begging for attention. They're advertising their self proclaimed superiority. Might as well have a huge middle finger printed on the shirt. My mom talks to me about religion all the time - but because I don't require her approval or validation I don't feel the need to correct her. No one in my family has ever been discriminated against because we're non-theists and it's we don't talk about. Why? Because it's the most meaningless and unimportant aspect of our lives. Being a grandpa is far more important than being a non-theist. Having a regular constitution (being able to sh^t) is far more important. If you're being discriminated against it's likely because you talk too much - so stop talking.

Hypocrisy in its most shameless presentation. In reality, NO ONE is nearly as oppressed and persecuted (particularly in America and MiddleEastern nations) than are the atheist and agnostics or as they refer to them, "sinners" and "infidels".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:335980
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.