Agnostic.com

15 16

LINK Maine lawmakers vote to remove religious and philosophical exemptions from vaccine requirements - JURIST - News - Legal News & Commentary

Finally! Maybe states will be rid of religious exemptions altogether ... in another century or so. At least there's a little progress in Maine.

SeaGreenEyez 9 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

2 reasons Maine did this....billionaire dope companies have many lobbyists on staff and measles is spreading in schools by the DOZENS
...up from zero decades ago....notice the law does NOT REQUIRE LIVER ENZYME DEFECT TESTING in newborns....this cofactor explains why healthy infants tolerate shitty vax and one in 86 kids are getting induced autism symptoms when they have a high fever after a bad vax the liver is too weak in SOME INFANTS ....my daughters were vaxxed and are genius Atheist women age 44&25 but my great nephew was lucky he got tested for liver enzyme function at Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines at birth AND VAX was contraindicated

Vaccinations should never be mandatory but everyone should know the consequences of not being vaccinated. In some cases you might not be able to travel or attend meetings or classes if you had a certain disease and that just makes common sense. Children should not be given vaccinations at too young of an age, but I have had all of mine as recommended for the last 72 years.

Things are looking up in Maine after they got rid of that crazy bigot.

Washington State Senate Passes Bill Removing Exemption For Measles Vaccine:

[npr.org]

You guys do realize unvaccinated people only risk unvaccinated people. Arguements they put their neighbors at risk is garbage. They put their religious exempt friends at risk, newborns, people with weak immune systems...

Some people simply can't get vaccinated for legitimate health reasons. The others put them at risk for serious illness.

@motrubl4u Dude!

Some people should not get MMR vaccine or should wait. The MMR vaccine is a vaccine against measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles).

Tell your vaccine provider if the person getting the vaccine:

Has any severe, life-threatening allergies. A person who has ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction after a dose of MMR vaccine, or has a severe allergy to any part of this vaccine, may be advised not to be vaccinated. Ask your health care provider if you want information about vaccine components.

Is pregnant, or thinks she might be pregnant. Pregnant women should wait to get MMR vaccine until after they are no longer pregnant. Women should avoid getting pregnant for at least 1 month after getting MMR vaccine.

Has a weakened immune system due to disease (such as cancer or HIV/AIDS) or medical treatments (such as radiation, immunotherapy, steroids, or chemotherapy).

Has a parent, brother, or sister with a history of immune system problems.

Has ever had a condition that makes them bruise or bleed easily.

Has recently had a blood transfusion or received other blood products. You might be advised to postpone MMR vaccination for 3 months or more.

Has tuberculosis.

Has gotten any other vaccines in the past 4 weeks. Live vaccines given too close together might not work as well.

Is not feeling well. A mild illness, such as a cold, is usually not a reason to postpone a vaccination. Someone who is moderately or severely ill should probably wait. Your doctor can advise you. [cdc.gov]

@jerry99 not the responsibility of the individual for the ailment of others. Sounds cold but I don't expect everyone to learn sign language so deaf people can communicate. Just like I don't expect everyone to get vaccinated to protect people with weak immune systems

@motrubl4u @jerry99 it's your mentalities that made womens abortions illegal for so long. Autonomy of the body is the first step in freedom, it applies to choice of sexual ppl partners, body decoration, outward experience, including what gender. When all you have left in the tank is insults EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CONCEDE AND LOST.

It's amazing to me that spreading AIDS is a crime but spreading measles is a civil right!

Another blow to Americans civil rights, sad!

@SeaGreenEyez not true but keep trying.

@ToolGuy aren't civil rights largely about not being discriminated against? Whereas the right to make your own decision should be considered civil liberties?

@motrubl4u right to exercise self autonomy in accordance with their religious views is an absolute right.

@motrubl4u that might be true but I believe in freedom and you like to throw insults.

@SeaGreenEyez agreed the exemption principle is wrong but everyone should have civil rights protecting vulnerable people from vax risks AND FREE GOOD VAX universal not for profit MEDICARE4ALL insurance....takes away the guarantees of high profits and protection from malpractices of vax co & so called health workers

@SeaGreenEyez I agree and so sorry the insurance killer CEOs profited by denying life saving care to you son....HR 676 takes the profit out of insurance for all who sign up....just one kind of coding clerks at providers not accepting private plans....Bernie Sanders has NEVER HELPED HR 676 and wants to increase profits expanding ACA to include abortion on demand....it will never get more than 30 Senate votes....we had 96 in the House 2010 when KUCINICH caved on AF 1 with 2 votes to spare for ACA....he bought into Medicaid expansion for working poor....that was the only provision struck down by the killer US Sup Ct 2_7 Sotomayor & Ginzburg the only humans there

The longer I'm gone, the more I miss living in Maine.
Just wish I could handle the cold better.

It's funny because Mainers have a reputation for being redneck stick-in-the-muds, but most of them are actually common-sense progressives.

They lost their minds for a minute with that douchebag LaPage, but they learned their lesson but good with that one.

@JesseThompson Lots of fakes everywhere. Maine is not immune.

About time

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 24, 2019

Hallelujah!!! Now outlaw the stupidity that led to this B.S. in the first place.

Buxx Level 7 Apr 24, 2019

It is bad enough when religion can be invoked to mitigate bigotry, when it comes to actually causing physical harm you may as well claim a suicide bomber should be posthumously pardoned on the religious grounds that the Koran says he or she is supposed to hate infidels.

About gaaawddamn time..

I can't say I always trust our medical professionals , but then I don't trust the religious leaders , either . My kids and I are vaccinated , still neither side has always been right .

I'll take Science over religion everytime..

Well who do you trust in medical matters?

Finally. And arrest the docs doing so for cash.

@JesseThompson hate to do too much work for someone, but there is a shrink in San Jose who signs them. Oh and I'm more a Marxist than Nazi. AND, by the way, I have read the Geneva convention fairly recently. It does get updated every few years. Can't say as I remember anything about requiring vaccinations for the heath and welfare of a people. Can you say, honestly, that you ever read it? Now that the states that allow doctor's excuses know that a new business has sprung up the fees may be rising. The next time you want to piss on somebody, get your head screwed on straight before unleashing the fangs. Seems you get them stuck in your ass.

@JesseThompson I relooked and did find the part in the convention you are obviously talking about. Not a change, just an affirmation that a person has the right to ASK to not get one. So, go to court, and it is not a right. Says the same thing the US law confirms.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:336808
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.