Agnostic.com

33 1

Would life be easier if their was a god?

Some days I think life would be easier if there was a god to grant wishes, heal the sick, punish evil people, and to forgive all our sins. We all know he isn't real and that this will never happen. Do you think it would be easier if there was a god?

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Of course it would be. To have an omnipotent entity in your pocket to smite your enemies and avenge those who are wronged? To protect you from harm and cure you of illness? To give you a Rosie glow that others around you find enchanting and hypnotic? But, alas, we have do do the hard work in life to make a better world ourselves. No miracles will Save us.

Nope, no miracles.

Are you trying to tell me there isn't a God?

Lol.

Not if he is like any of the one in major religions. The whole concept of the afterlife in heaven or hell is to keep people behaving and make them quit trying to rise above their troubles, because once I die, "I will be in a better place."

Yeah. You're right.

Yes, if he was a benevalent, loving, wise, humble, and a God who kept us from killing each other, and forced all to tell the truth. No need for lawyers or politicians or an army. Well, I guess I am describing Heaven or some other utopia.

Oh, okay.

Having read the old testament, NO! To hve to please and irrational supreme being, who make arbritrary decisions with no forew warning? NO!

Okay.

No.

No.

I misspelled "there." Oops.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33747
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.