Agnostic.com

8 2

LINK Presidential Candidate, Andrew Yang is Against Infant Circumcision.

I'm totally against penis mutilation. I'm glad my parents left mine alone.

ballou 8 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am against it also. The child has no say so. My African bro in law got circumcised when he decided to marry a woman of a different tribe. It was a requirement for them to be able to marry. I would have just stayed single.

And this is just the tip of his ideas.

I support people making informed decisions that are medically sound about the subject matter. I prefer circumcision, although I don't breed, but really don't want to take any shit about it if I made that choice.

I'm sure it was never meant to be.

I don't make a big deal out of male circumcision. I know it isn't totally benign, but there are too many other issues in the world. Female genital mutilation and eary sex assignment for children and babies are things that MUST be stopped. If male circumcision were used to control an entire gender, then I would be more interested.

@jorj there is not a correlation between the two procedures. One is genital mutilation and the other is an iffy at best procedure that has little effect, aside from possible childhood trama, etc
And, no I'm not "cool" with "cutting" up children. You are getting precariously close to the anti abortionists who say I want to kill their grandchildren.

@jorj Are you against fixing a cleft lip or webbed fingers in babies as well? That's how nature made them, so they should be kept as it, right?

@jorj I can be argued that webbed fingers and toes aren't a defect either.. They could actually be a gift to a person who loves swimming. So do you support the removal of the excess skin in children born with webbed digits?

@jorj So your argument of "it's how nature made them" only applies to what you want it to apply to? Cool, got it.

@jorj Every person born is born in accordance to their blueprints. If they have a cleft lip or webbed digits, that is in their blueprints. The idea that we have specific blueprints that every human should adhere to is very Hitler like.

Point is, if you're against circumcision, don't use a bullshit argument to back up your bias.

Also, before the foreskin evolved in our evolutionary line, it was once a mutation that went against the grain. It just turned out to be beneficial or not counterproductive to survival. Every single trait you have was once a mutation that the rest of the species didn't have.

@jorj Don't be a snowflake. You're trying to say there are blueprints that the human species is to adhere to, while saying that traits (that are in the individuals' blueprints) that you are against are defects in nature's plan. How is that not like Hitler? Sounds like you get compared to Hitler often, there might be a reason for that.

Hardly any males are circumcised here in the UK; those who have it done do it for religious purposes and the very occasional medical necessity in a child, such as excess foreskin.

Men don’t get infections or disease here from lack of it.

actually, they can. google if you're interested.

@callmedubious I did. I found nothing that said British men contracted infection or STDs more frequently than Americans.

I did find this study from the British Medical Journal about a US study, [sti.bmj.com], which stated: ‘Univariate analysis showed no statistically significant association between circumcision status and any of the STDs.’

@callmedubious thank you for that. The World Health Organization and the CDC recently changed their view on circumcision. Circumcision done under sanitary conditions by a medical professional is now said to have more benefits than risks.

All I can find on the WHO web site Is ' WHO/UNAIDS recommendations emphasize that male circumcision should be considered an efficacious intervention for HIV prevention in countries and regions with heterosexual epidemics, high HIV and low male circumcision prevalence.

Male circumcision provides only partial protection, and therefore should be only one element of a comprehensive HIV prevention package which includes: the provision of HIV testing and counseling services; treatment for sexually transmitted infections; the promotion of safer sex practices; the provision of male and female condoms and promotion of their correct and consistent use.'

We are talking Countries like Malawi in Africa.

Interestingly North America and the middle east are the only regions in the world with a very high rate of circumcisions.

I don’t get it. What is the practical application and why also in females? I am guessing male circumcision was for cultural identity purposes within the Abrahamic covenant but that is just speculation on my part.

That's my understanding too. That it is a pointless religious ritual.

It was a somewhat regular human practice before the Abrahamic religions absorbed it. Before our present day standards of hygiene, it was a source of infection and irritation. Especially in sandy environments. Body modification has always been a part of humanity and that particular modification stuck around. Just another aspect of humanity that religion absorbed and tried to call it its own.

@FatherOfNyx that makes sense. Thanks for explaining

He isn't an MD, just a useless politico. Shut up and don't disturb decent doctors! As opposed to this asshole, doctors know what to do.

zesty Level 7 Apr 29, 2019

@slydr68 My opinion is not important due to the fact that my area of expertise is not in medical sciences. As opposed to a slimy politico, I know and recognize my limitations. Also, as opposed to a politician, I do answer questions, so yes, I support circumcision. As far as I know it decreases the probability of venereal diseases transmission and improves the sensitivity of the penis.

@zesty I've been uncircumcised all of my life. I don't get VD and my penis is sensitive.

@slydr68 my experience of both the circumcised and uncircumcised is that the glans of an uncircumcised penis seems more sensitive than that of the circumcised.

@slydr68 Proper washing? Hon, I'm a long time swinger. Washing won't help, trust me!

@jorj Absolutely not the equivalent!

@jorj Sorry, I'm not familiar with the procedure you are mentioning. Do i get a more intense orgasm if the excess skin is removed? In this case I like it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:339118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.