Agnostic.com

21 1

I need some new music. What is your favorite pretty song?

Two of my all time favorites are Scarborough fair by Simon and Garfunkel and With or Without You by U2

Remi 7 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Currently, my go-to feel good song is Graveyard Fields by the Dead Tongues. Mmmh, that looks not very pretty, but trust me, Ryan Gustaffson and his guys make beautiful Americana music.

Oh, and Fade Into You by Mazzy Star. Love love love that song.

Remi Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Awesome track.

Dutura by Tori Amos

I have lots that I like. For now, this one comes to mind:

Zster Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

Nothing especially new, but some favourites that tug at the heart strings:

My Latest Novel - "Pretty in a Panic":

Sarah Blasko - "Amazing Things":

Tara Jane O'Neil - "The Poisoned Mine":

God Help the Girl - the entire album, actually, but "Pretty Eve in the Tub" is a charmer:

Marissa Nadler's cover of Radiohead's "No Surprises":

Stephanie Dosen - "Vinalhaven Harbour":

Here's an oldie from '69.

Let It Be by Blackmill

yes! Love that song

This is my happy video. I always have it open on my computer and watch it at least daily to raise my spirits.

Finally found this on an album: the 'Special Edition' release of his album "So". Awesome.

@Highway-Starr I saw it on amazon and nearly ordered it, but haven't yet. Isn't it great?!

@crazycat329 So many layers...the live version just stuns me!

Timeless classic Orbital :

David Crosby 'Sky Trails' off the album of the same name, released a couple months ago:

Time to join "Traditional and Folkmusic" where the old is often new. Scarborough fair is an English folksong. Try this version sung by a very young Martin Carthy

Sugar Magnolia by the Grateful Dead

JimG Level 8 Mar 27, 2018

Doesn't get much prettier IMO.

Winterwood, by Don McLean. Oh, and Schubert's Ave Maria. I could listen to both or either ridiculously often.

beautiful bluebird bluebird by neil young

I will list some relatively recent stuff that I find outstanding. (I spend a lot of time currating a music collection and staying up on recent music) I am nearly 50 and got off commercial radio years ago, but there are other ways to stay in contact with the great stuff coming out.

This is pretty anti-religious...

The Shins, Artic Monkeys, and Sia all have ENORMOUS catalogs. If you enjoy any of those, there are many more from those artists worth getting to know.

One of my favorite songs is the Abba song, "The Way old Friends Do," and "Like an Angel Passing Through my Room." I have about seven version (not an exaggeration) of “I Feel Love” by Donna Summer, and I could listen to One Republic’s “Love Runs Out” over a dozen times in a single sitting. There’s so much good music out there that it’s hard to keep up with it all.

Loreena McKennit - The Visit
Amici- Defined.. ( this one is 5 people that are opera singers,, gorgeous voices) worth a try!

Kisses on the Bottom, Paul McCartney

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.