Agnostic.com

36 2

I was offered a BIBLE !

I've been attending some grief meetings at a church ( none elsewhere ) The Woman in charge ( nicely ) offered me a Bible to read to help with my grief. They know I am not religious. How would YOU respond ? ( I have never opened a bible in my life )

flowerchild62 6 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Say thanks but no thanks..

no thank you

Accept it and, if you haven't already, read it. If it is not King James, or the standard Jewish Publication Society if it is a Torah or Tanakh, if you were at a synagogue, use those for comparison. There are almost as many ideosynchratic versions out there as there are sects.

A simple thank you. Fortunately for you - it's not contagious ...

I do actually own one - it has a cool wooden cover, that caused me to obtain it at a thrift shop. Looking at it now and then arms me for better informed debate.

Graciously thank them for the book of ficticious short stories.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Most of the books int eh world ar a lot better written...

You can take it and thank them. But seriously, if you need comfort the bible is NOT the book to read. people are constantly robbing, beating and killing each other. It's a horror show. Don't tell them that tho. Touchy subject and what not

Thanks but no thanks. In truth I have a small book shelf with every kind of bible on it that you can think of. It has some study books and courses also. I know what is inside it but I just don't buybull anymore.

Can't blame them. You are in a church. Agree with @Dwight

“No thanks I already hv books at home”. Hahahahaha

I would take it and then put it in recycling. One more gone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34020
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.