Agnostic.com

17 0

What is the greatest invention ever created?

I think Velcro is the best thing ever created. It's versatile and can be used in many applications. Religion is the worst thing ever created...amarite?

helionoftroy 7 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Flat whites

Bicycle

Um ok, why?

The blast furnace for making steel - the whole of the industrial revolution and modern civilisation followed - so maybe its the worst.

Did you just talk yourself out of that response?

@helionoftroy Dont you just hate dilemmas like this

Bow and arrow.

zesty Level 7 May 3, 2019

Um ok yeah

How about vaccines? ;D

Hey that is a good one!

duct tape?

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver. I could think of many uses for duct tape.

Indoor plumbing!

Well, I guess. Beats shitting in the woods.

@helionoftroy That is why l don't camp. 🙂

ha ha I hate velcro..but I can see how applications are useful, particular in clothing for the disabled...

I think Post-its are a pretty cool thing...maybe not the greatest, but pretty useful...

I use Post-its, even as book marks.

Check documentary how beer saved the world

blah beer, but if it saved the world then...nah still blah

The real advance came when Einstein figured out how to split the beer atom, thus creating bubbles in the beer!

beer

blah beer. I prefer wine

The worst things ever invented are the lottery and cigarettes. Both are destructive. Religion is helpful and a sanctuary for some people.

"religion is helpful". BAAAAAAH

Penicillin.

Electricity.

I can see penicillin at the time but it's become over prescribed and we have developed an immunity to its effects. Electricity has many uses.

@helionoftroy

The discovery of penicillin during WWII saved millions of lives and led the way to developing other medicines.

You're right: penicillin was over-prescribed, primarily because there were few other options. Only in the last 10 years, have we learned about antibiotic resistance.

My mother was allergic to penicillin from taking it too often in her 20s and 30s.

[medicalnewstoday.com]

Flushing toilet

hmmmm ok, a composting toilet works just as well.

@helionoftroy not if you’re on the fifth floor of an apartment block. Causes a few H&S problems!

@Geoffrey51 I have to agree with that.

Contraceptive pill

There's a tribe in South America that have been using a combination of natural plants as contraceptives. The pill is not new. But I like the way you think.

The printing press. Gave direct rise to the Renaissance, eventually helped fuel the industrial revolution and is a symbol of freedom and the First Amendment to republics that do not vilify the press.

Copy that.

@helionoftroy

How to make fire!

The coffee pot

Just the coffee pot?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:341228
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.