Agnostic.com

7 0

Bestseller

Name the longest running bestselling fiction novel.

Timzdotcom 4 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Don Quixote at 500 million + copies sold.

The bible holds the all time record for sales, but it doesn't qualify as a novel because it is too convoluted, confusing, and lacks a real plot that can be followed without considerable juggling. It certainly is the record holder for sales in poorly written books.

Bible of course..who doesn't love fairytales

Frankenstein

SamL Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein has been credited to be far ahead of its time - in regards presenting the "scientific method" in a narrative. Can it be credited to be the first science fiction novel, I wonder.

The Lord of The Rings - but I don't know if it ever made the bestseller's list long enough to be counted. I heard that it wasn't popular when first published.

Harry Potter could be too "young" a publication to be longest running. (And I've not read any of it.)

The Bible is too obvious an answer for it to be almost a "distractor" for this trivia question.

I vote for To Kill a Mockingbird. But I don't know.

50 Shades of Grey?
Harry Potter
Twilight

Correct, the bible is the longest running work of fiction in history.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.