Agnostic.com

7 2

Macabre Question for everyone...

Every once in a while, I get in this mood where I like to ponder what I would like to have for an epitaph. I imagine some stranger strolling through a grave yard, as I sometimes do, and they happen upon my tombstone. What should it say? I've found some wonderful ones that way.

Today, I'm thinking:

"Well, THAT wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be!!"

Others? Give it your best shot! If your mind is as weird as mine, this could be fun. 😀

Normanbites 7 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the ride.

I want to be composted, return to the mother. No marker or memory of a life. Other than the love I gave my children.

I agree. I wouldn't mind having a tree planted over me with a tag on it, though it's not really necessary. We live on in our loved ones.

@CeliaVL My Mum is a tree

I don't want any stone to be wasted on my memory
Danced with wolves, mauled by a bengal tiger, bitten on the arse by an african lion, face to face with an angry cobra, beaten and kicked near death by men - survived that - enough for any life
apart from still wanting time close to dolphins and whales ... and bears ... and more dogs
shit - too early to die

One of my favs by Spike Milligan - I told you I was ill

"Hello!...Hello!...Is anybody up there?" "It's really fucking cold and dark down here."

I plan to be cremated and turned into flowering tree. But if I were to write my epitaph, it would be, "Bye, now!"

I can choose to be reincarnated later, but since I'd be gone from this timeline, it would be polite to say.

My daughter just asked me tonight about how I wanted to be laid to rest. I told her I want to be a tree so that she can visit me?

Wow ! I've given some thought to providing funds to cover my burial , and possible even how they should dispose of the remains , but absolutely no consideration to what should go on my tombstone , if I even have one .

One that I happened upon that I liked:

"Once I wasn't, then I was, now I ain't again"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:343524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.