Agnostic.com

26 5

How would you describe your personality?

I describe myself as; benevolent, caring, loving, and generous. I know I'm not mean or rude. Not on purpose for the hell of it. If you see me being mean to someone, they earned that shit. Lol. That is one of my favorite memes btw.

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My persona is mean, nasty even caustic, I scowl, growl, snarl. Many people stay out of my way, bloody dogs and kids won't though so my cover gets blown.

At least you own it. lol

Lol

I prefer the word "eccentric" over batshit crazy.
I think “globally,” in that I find it hard to even be grateful for what I have when so many have so much less.
I tend to be nihilistic, in that I’m not sure there’s any kind of purpose to life and that when it’s over, it’s just over. And in seven billion years, when the sun swallows our earth, nothing of our species will have mattered at all.
I feel like I have so much I want to share with others, but don’t really have the platform.
I love stories, and I think that’s it’s stories that make our lives. In fact, I would say that the universe itself is a story—at least as it concerns us.
I have a “mystical” side in that when I’m not being all nihilistic, I see that so many things in life are mysterious. So while things like “sex” can be boiled down to “biology,” it can also be elevated to a deep connection between people. Even though the world is going to end, the fact that it’s here is a fascinating mystery.
I love that science tells us “how,” but not necessarily “why,” and that fascinates me.

Okay, cool.

Awkward, annoying, but also generous.

Nice.

In one word? Dickhead. I'm sarcastic to the point of no one knowing whether or not I'm being serious at any given moment, I relentlessly take the piss out of people, I will openly show my lack of respect for whatever opinions you may hold, and yet if you somehow manage to worm your way into my life, I'm one of the most loyal friends you can imagine. So I'm an arsehole to most people, but at heart, I try to do the right thing.

Oh, okay.

I'm a introvert so I pretty much keep to myself and I'm fairly quiet until I'm around people I know better...unless, something is said that I feel strongly about, then I have an opinion. I have a very positive outlook on everything and my sense of humor is through the roof. But to those closet to me, I am the enforcer/protector and to even someone that couldn't defend themselves. I CAN'T STAND A BULLY. I keep my rage pushed down as far as it will go until needed.

Tippa Level 5 Mar 9, 2018

I don't enjoy being bullied.

Quiet, well-behaved mostly, introvertish but able to be extrovertish, intelligent, educated, reflective, caring, emotional, rebellious, adventurous, passionate, risk-taker, generous, funny, quirky, loyal, discreet, responsible.

SamL Level 7 Mar 9, 2018

Both introvert and extrovert is called being an "ambivert."

My personality is perfectly awesome, thank you for asking.

Sweet!

I don't suffer fools, I keep to myself and it takes alot to earn my trust. I'm sometimes generous, sometimes not. I'm friendly but easily bored.

Same, I get bored too.

I am a kind caring perso with a large dose of stubborness thrown in.

Cool.

This is my very first post here so if it comes out weird, I'm blaming it on that. My personality is introverted at times, extroverted at other times. I can have a whacked sense of humor or have no humor at all. I get bored easily and I don't really care for music. It makes me irritable and gives me a headache.

Both is being an ambivert.

I am a bit quirky, I suppose. I live in a village and have learned how to build dry stone walls and all sorts of DIY, yet I enjoy visiting cites and people watching / site seeing. My garden is supposed to be organic, is hard work and so often neglected, but being able to go outside is very important to me. I like a range of music from punk to classical and alsorts in between ... but not country. Except for Johnny Cash, who has written some beautiful songs.

Alwin Level 2 Mar 11, 2018

I don't like country music.

Introverted but not shy. Heady. Tending to idealistic but getting over it. Kind. Gentle. These days, somewhat irascible but I don't take it out on people. What I would called "modified geeky" which means I've learned how to comport myself in a business meeting and effectively address client's business concerns. But I much prefer teleworking, which is what I do roughly 360 out of 365 days a year; I am obligated to one annual business meeting, an occasional visit to a field office, and participation in a standards body -- again, mostly via Slack but in person once or twice a year.

Cool job.

Self-confident, kind, caring, compassionate, loving.

Yay! Good qualities.

There is a thin line between genius and madness and I have crossed it.

I like that you're a genious.

Irreverent

Okay.

Crotchety, irascible.

Awe.

Loyal af but downright nasty if betrayed- I can hold a grudge
Funny and usually the life of the party but also have periods where I am anti-social
Non judgemental about things most people do judge but if I do disagree with something, I am pretty rigid about it and difficult to dissuade.

I have a dry sarcastic wit that comes off as mean since I also have RBF but once I'm aware I have offended someone, I have no problem apologising. Unless of course I meant to offend them. LOL

Did you know if you Google the word "anti-social" it means something else? The word for anti-social is actually "a-social." Google that too and the definition everyone thought anti-social was is there under a-social.

I would describe my personality with words. Though hand gestures might well come in handy and facial expressions, yes, we need facial expressions!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

At the core I'd have to stick with something like an introverted extrovert, or extroverted introvert. I say this because I can and do teach, which means I can and do speak out in front of a bunch of people in ways that could (sometimes does) lead to embarassment and I am relatively unfazed... which says "extrovert" but, I can be very happy tucked in with a book and all alone. I can be terribly shy, but in the right circumstances very exhuberant.

I am generous, sometimes to a fault. I want to help. My wife described me as chivalrous (she used the concept of a Paladin as the model, saying that I have a little white steed that trots up and nudges me along on occasion). However, I can overstep in my wish to aid... I work with a student who is in a wheelchair and fiercely independent, she was struggling one day and I helped she did NOT appreciate that!

I CAN be 'in your face" but I like to think that, like you, it has to be earned. I can be stubborn and won't back down when I feel I am in the right. That said, I can be wrong, and when I realize I am, I will do what I can to redress said wrong.

I could go on, but y'all want to stay awake. 🙂

Extrovert/introvert is called an "ambivert."

I don't believe it matters. When people describe themselves they are seldom objective. You seldom hear people describe their bad traits. Maybe they are jealous, or selfish, or petty, or hateful. Other people will see what they want to see and most of the time it won't be who you know you are.

Okay.

Misanthropic old coot,

Logical ,Serious ,Realistic. inquisitive,kind,compassionate,empathetic.

I am introverted, resourceful,geeky and have been told I have a big heart, whatever that means. lol

I always liked Yosemite Sam🙂

Bipolar

Easy going, a little bit sarcastic, like to joke around, comfortable talking about science, hate talking about religion, helpful to everyone, intellectual.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34369
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.