Agnostic.com

8 1

LINK Texas Republican Says Vaccines Are ‘Sorcery,’ Claims ‘Parental Rights’ Are More Important Than Science

Way to go, TEXAS! This GOP legislator really makes y'all look...well, nuts. Calling vaccines "sorcery" is a little over the top, even for Xtian whackjobs, doncha think? But he certainly embodies the "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS" ethos to the hilt! Lol.....

BookDeath 8 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I try to be respectful to theist. I used to be one, and most of my extended family still are. However, I'm about ready to see a complete update to the constitution where instead of there being "no religious test for public office" there should be a "must be an atheist to hold public office" clause added. Seems like these theists have never taken a science class in their lives to think this way.

This idea that you "own" your children really pisses me off. Someone should show him Kahlil Gibran's poem on children

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

Twilight zone.

So people who don't understand science get to endanger their kids as well as other people with compramised immune systems??? Bravo moron!

I think I'll send this question to him.

If you took the collective IQs of the Republican legislators in Texas, and added them all together, it would not hit triple digits.

Okay then. He can lead by example. Take away his internet, health care coverage, electricity, transportation and any other thing that exists due to science. He can sleep in a cave wearing a bear skin.

This shocking ignorance and denial of science is alarming. We are allowing the lunatics to run the asylum, when men of science are being accused of sorcery...by legislators who believe that parents have the right to put their children, and other people’s in harm’s way. Its a form of deliberate child abuse not to vaccinate, these childhood illnesses have only been almost eradicated because of immunisation. If herd immunity drops only a few percentage points, the risk of epidemics increases alarmingly. What good are parental rights if it leads to them to causing harm or even death to their children? Legislators need to make children’s health more important than parental rights, an introduction of mandatory immunisation prior to school or nursery attendance needs to be implemented.

The lunatics are running the asylum, yet I'm the one who is forced to wear the straitjacket.

@Pariah Love the hairstyle. Was that caused by the electric shock treatment

That and the hair curling sex (crazy people=crazy sex), but yeah, mostly the electrical shocks. Unfortunately.

What I found surprising was that a Kennedy was supporting the anti-vaxxers.

It’s a big family, members of which have done/supported some off-the-wall stuff over the years. Like JFK/Bobby’s dad, who was a fascist appeaser.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:343845
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.