Agnostic.com

4 1

Equines

Are there any horsewomen out there who want to correspond?

equestrienne 4 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Former horsewoman, really. If I had the money...

Yes, they are expensive. I have a farm which I used to run as a dairy. I switched to being an ER nurse long ago, but luckily was able t keep the farm. Now I work part time to support it and the horses, otherwise I would not be able to have them.

I grew up riding my Haitian mustang stallion, Lightning, and all my subsequent horses, without bridle or saddle, like Native Americans did. I'd rope half grown wild European boars from Lightning, jump, drive, without using lines. In the US, I had an Arabian gelding, then a series of gaited horses; racking and Walking Horses. But I'm against what most US horse owners do; keeping horses in stalls, feeding processed food, using metal shoes, riding in endless arena circles, using saddles and strong bits, etc., although I used saddles with sharp-withered TN Walking Horses, as in the pic.

I agree. My horses have a 30 acre pasture and we trail ride. One has shoes because he became tenderfooted and is now doing well. They come in once a day for beet pulp, supplements and concentrates. They have a good life and need tohave pasture freedom.

I was once a horseman, but no longer. All three of my sisters are definitely horsewomen, though one has slowed a bit.

Love horses. Last time went riding-6 yrs ago before Leukemia diagnosis.

Try to spend some time with them if you can!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.