Agnostic.com

11 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty cool...thanks much for sharing!

No Spaghetti Monster?

Since "In God We Trust" is printed on currency, and I don't believe there is a god, doesn't this make currency invalid to me? And if so, should I be required to pay taxes?

Why no Zeus? ⚡

The students are simply showing the government the error in their logic. If there is going to be a statement like this, it needs to be all inclusive or none at all. Since it is impractical to show every last thing a person may trust in, it makes the most since to completely abolish the statement.

@Allamanda I think you may have misunderstood me. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I do think the student's point is valid. When I say to abolish the statement, I'm referring to the "In God We Trust" statement on our currency.

Yes, rereading my comment, I can see how it could be easily misinterpreted...my bad.

Given that Scientology is officially recognized, L. Ron Hubbard should be on the list.

palex Level 6 May 16, 2019

I really like that three of the eight are not dieties at all.

And 3 of them are the same (God, YHWH and Allah)
And trusting in science is basically trusting in ourselves XD
Also Buddha is not a good, is a title that (in the legends) many men had.

That's excellent.

They need to include:

Something we haven't thought of.

The perfect solution for "In God We Trust" initiatives.

This would be the perfect solution and in the end will be what those who want god in their schools will be facing.

I'm disappointed. I would have expected to see my name in there somewhere. Lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:347387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.