Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Pope Francis Guilty of “Heresy,” Catholic Scholars Claim in “Historic” Letter | David Gee | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

FTA: The Catholic group is making the accusation for a variety of statements he’s made over several years of bucking tradition in order to appeal to a broader group of potential Catholic followers. In the letter addressed to bishops, they say their leader’s actions have caused “one of the worst crises in the history of the Catholic Church.”

zblaze 7 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, here we have the Vatican Pot ( Catholic Scholars) calling the Vatican Kettle ( Pope= Protector of Paedophile Employees) black, oh well it had to come after all is said and done ' the bigger they are the HARDER they fall' as the saying goes and the Catholic Church is starting to collapse, so it seems, simply because Truth, Fact, Logic and Reasoning combined with the revelations of centuries of Abuse of Children by Priests are eating away at the foundations like Termites devouring a tree from the roots upwards.
Long may the Termites of Truth, Fact, Logic and Reasoning live, reign and devour the Temples of Hypocrisy, Superstition, Paedophilia and Religious Exploitation.

So how does one deal with a system that has been corrupted for centuries? Pope John-Paul I was basically murdered for bringing too many hidden secrets to light especially the Vatican Bank and it's association with the Mafia. Read "In God's Name" by David A Yallop [goodreads.com] I was in Rome for 2 weeks in 1985 and there was still a lot of talk and suspicion concerning the hierarchy and it's power and how they dealt with upstart popes. Yes, Francis has a lot to answer for but, in the minds of some powerful people he needs to be dealt with and this is as good a way as any. The Vatican is a huge moneyed machine and everything needs to be well oiled and working within the system or everything will break. It needs to be broken ASAP.

I agree with them. He's a fake Catholic.

Are there any catholics real?

If there are, and I think there are, they are probably a very small and old minority.

That's the West, though, I don't know what's happening with Catholicism in Africa.

Let it implode

This is the most logical Pope ever. That is why so many assume Christains leaders call him the anti- Christgg

“This crime is committed when a Catholic knowingly and persistently denies something which he knows that the Church teaches to be revealed by God.”

IOW he sometimes chooses reality over fantasy.
I'd also like to know how they figure out what's been "revealed by god"?

Revealed by god = what those people with the funny robes and hats determime to be word of god. The more funny the robe the higher the rank

See an as how it took almost 400 years for them to "forgive" Galileo I really don't have much to say as to their truthfulness or godlessness.

Pope Francis' got his troubles, I got mine.

I'd follow that with it sucks to be him,😁

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:347662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.