Agnostic.com

37 9

What's something you didn't learn until you were an adult?

There were a few things I learned a little later in my life based on how I was raised. What's something you learned in your adulthood? One example is the idea of individualism vs. cooperation. I grew up with a mother who really encouraged self-expression and individuality. Her parents didn't, so she went the opposite direction. But, what I didn't realize is that sometimes that comes at the expense of cooperation. Cooperation and working with groups being a big help when it comes to going to work and being successful. I had to learn later how to strike the balance between "being myself" and "playing well with others." How about you?

silvereyes 8 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My stepfather is and was a bigot and I could not stand his predjuice (Archie Bunker type) I left home at 16 found some incredible people in the world despite the bad lessons in my child hood home, I could never judge someone for their differences.

My parents are only human

I actually lost knowledge when I became an adult. At 17, I pretty much knew everything. Now I am not sure of anything.

JimG Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

As the saying goes ... it's amazing how little your parents knew when you were young, and how they wised up when you were an adult.

Word.

It took me until adulthood to know that there was anything but Christianity as an option.

How to do tax returns.

To trust, but VERIFY

That Jesus isn't real, god is fake, and the Bible is Jewish mythology.

I don't play well with others. So I still haven't learned that.

The one thing I will admit I learned, is that there are way more stupid people than I originally thought. Oh wait, That's not PC I guess. There are way more knowledge challenged individuals out there than I originally thought.

Blow job is just a phrase. I would have thought somebody would have mentioned it during girl talks. Talk about embarrassing!

HA! Made my day.

I've never understood why its called a blowjob at all. its anything but.

@Heart_Truth Thank you! I wondered if we had to blow it up to use it! Learning's been fun, though.

@LeighShelton Exactly!

if you need to learn more im more than happy to help lol

@LeighShelton Thanks so much for the offer. Would it really stretch over the ocean? Lol. Actually, I just made a connection with someone I've been talking to for weeks and weeks. Hope it works out, and I can practice a lot!

no, you are right. no need to rub it in lol x nice thought though. I'm just a very helpful person. good luck with your date.

@LeighShelton However, if it reaches across the ocean, there's always Guinness Book of World Records. Everybody has to be known for something! Lol

I think I would be more likely to get the fastest skier award for the shortest difference

@LeighShelton Gold medal braggart!

not really im talking inches and a lot of pain lol

@EllenDale Me too!

@DharmaBum50 😉 glad you got home safe

It took me until my 30’s to find the balance between living in the moment (which I had done with fervor until then 😉 ) and planning for tomorrow.

I learned to pick my friends,evaluate comments before making a decision,spot illegal doing's, watch my money and be cautious of my health. Oh yes disavow churches.

That fresh green beans were a thing.

Agreed, after finding out. Steamed with butter and lemon pepper. Worlds apart from the canned things I grew up eating.

Hahaha my mom never made fresh food. Do you know how nasty spinach in a can is?

@Celestia I think my mom tried to pull the "Popeye" routine on us once. Only once. It wasn't pretty.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35035
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.