Agnostic.com

45 8

Men (sorry ladies) would you date a woman much taller than you?

I have really had issues dating men much shorter than I am.
How do you feel about tall women (4 inches or better)?

Akfishlady 8 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I dream of Amazon women.

godef Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

@lolamariafe What would be the word? The enchantment? Bewitchment?

I think that’s a woman bias. I’ve seen it before. Most women seem to prefer taller men. I don’t really have a problem with tall women.

I had similar thoughts...

I'm sure you have heard the old saying....Everyone is the same height in bed.

...but they're not xD

Oh...don't be so literal. When you are in bed with the love of your life who cares who is taller? @Neraven

I'm not a man but do date women. I'm only 5'1 and my current crush is 5'7. It doesn't bother me. Maybe that's cause I'm fem?? I think it's who you're with not how you look together.

Being 6'7" It's only a fantasy. The taller the better!

I'm 6', but 6'1" with shoes. I can't recall ever being told my height is an issue. Usually my weight is the issue. When they (men or women) are attracted, my height, hair and eyes are my biggest attractors.

No doubt on that. I like tall women myself

I've only seen women have a problem with this dynamic.

Marz Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

I’m only 5’9” and personally i’d have no issue dating a taller women. Ialways assumed it was the women who didn’t want to date shorter men. On dating sites women always say their height followed by something like: “please be taller”

It makes no difference to anyone except the one dating!

I'm 6'2" .... very few women taller than me.

I'm 5'7". Now problem dating someone taller than me.

Absolutely

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I'm not exactly tall so have had a few partners my height anyway, a few inches taller wouldn't matter. 🙂

I'm 6'0" tall, so I don't have this problem very much. To be honest, I'm not very comfortable with people who are a lot shorter than me either, so I'd say... plus or minus three or so inches would be OK.

I have dated ONE woman who was taller than I. I am Six foot five inches tall and she Six foot seven. We would step out and get gawked at, especially when she was in high heels. I did enjoy her company.

Sure, but not many women are taller, so it hasn't happened.

Holly Hell! They ring my bell! I am 5 ft. 7.5 inches. I have lusted after Sigorney Weaver and her 6.0 ft. frame for years...and any other big beautyful amazon!

I would date any woman who was beautiful on the inside, regardless of her hight...

You know that "Hey, my eyes are up here!" speech?

Yeah, that. People tend to hold their heads level. Just sayin'.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. As I am only 5'7" (after stretching), it can happen. Unusual geometry may require a bit of ingenuity, but sometimes awkward is part of the fun. If a thing like a height difference IS a problem, I suspect other intolerances would raise their head soon enough.

Yes I will. I don't care if they are short or tall as long they can wrap their legs around me than I'm cool.

Never dated a woman taller than myself is hard to find a woman that would be bigger than a 6 foot 3 inch tall guy. I can imagine that I would like it tall people tend to be intelligent.

This is such a weird, arbitrary thing to me. I mean who really cares, but at the same time it's permeated culture to the point it's hard not to notice. There might be an adjustment period to get used to it, since everyone I've dated has been roughly the same hight or shorter (which is kinda weird since I'm only approx 5'10). But I don't think it would be a problem.

I'm 5' 7" and my wife is 5' 10"

My ex is 6' 1"

Never had a problem with it.

I don't think that it would bother me, but I've never dated a woman who was taller. I'm 5'11" the tallest woman I've dated was 5'9". She made it clear before we met that she didn't date shorter men though.

JimG Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

No problem! I try to stay away from dismissing someone based on body type.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.