Agnostic.com

45 8

Men (sorry ladies) would you date a woman much taller than you?

I have really had issues dating men much shorter than I am.
How do you feel about tall women (4 inches or better)?

Akfishlady 8 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm 6'6" she would be really tall

I actually use height as a criteria when choosing who to date. I'm 5'10 and I've always felt large and ungainly when dating shorter men. I'm easily 6 feet tall when wearing heels, but usually wear flats. I've tried not to be so shallow, especially since I'm far from perfect. But the height thing...yep, stumble over that one all the time...

In general the population percentage of women who will likely date me is in itself a very small one. Over and above that the population of women who are 4 inches taller than me is making the universe too small for me. How can you be so cruel? 😉

Just kidding... On a serious note, I like tall women... But as I said in this part of the world (India) where average woman's height is less than 5 ft 1 inches... Expecting to find 4" women is an uphill task for men taller than average. I am married, and my wife is around 5'1"-5'2" height I am over 182 cm.. i.e just one cm less than 6 ft.

I've dated a few women who were just as tall as I am. Maybe one or two who were slightly taller. Kinda like President Obama and Michelle.

I would love to look up to a 6' 9" woman

If she was agreeable. One of my nephews is engaged to a woman about 2" or 3" taller in flat shoes. When she wears heels, Holy Moly! They're getting married in Oct.

Every human is taller than me, so...

It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever. I don't understand why anyone would have a hangup about it.

I've only seen women have a problem with this dynamic.

Marz Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

Death by snu snu. No, I don't think there would be a problem. As long as she's cool with me always standing on chairs around her.

Why not. The meshing of personalities is much more important than superficial characteristics.

I'm easily over 6' and have always had a fantasy of dating a woman taller than me. Sadly it's unrealized. I've gotten used to being with women shorter than me- sometimes dramatically shorter.

Being 6'7" It's only a fantasy. The taller the better!

No problem! I try to stay away from dismissing someone based on body type.

I don't think that it would bother me, but I've never dated a woman who was taller. I'm 5'11" the tallest woman I've dated was 5'9". She made it clear before we met that she didn't date shorter men though.

JimG Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

Never dated a woman taller than myself is hard to find a woman that would be bigger than a 6 foot 3 inch tall guy. I can imagine that I would like it tall people tend to be intelligent.

You know that "Hey, my eyes are up here!" speech?

Yeah, that. People tend to hold their heads level. Just sayin'.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. As I am only 5'7" (after stretching), it can happen. Unusual geometry may require a bit of ingenuity, but sometimes awkward is part of the fun. If a thing like a height difference IS a problem, I suspect other intolerances would raise their head soon enough.

Defo. love long legs, my kinda of stairs to heaven lol

No.

Yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.