Agnostic.com

13 26

Judge rules banks can hand over Trump's financial records to Congress

Excellent news!

"A federal judge dealt a blow to President Donald Trump on Wednesday, ruling that two banks can hand over his financial documents in response to congressional subpoenas.

"In his ruling, U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos said he disagrees with the arguments from the Trump family attorneys that the subpoenas don't have a legitimate legislative purpose.

"Ramos described the subpoenas as "undeniably broad" but "clearly pertinent."

Judge Ramos is from Puerto Rico (born and raised) and was appointed by President Obama.

Poetic justice.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been giving this some thought and I feel that there will be a point where some repub will actually find the strength to read some of the information that has been given those willing to hunt for it. There is the Mueller Report which states much that has not been mentioned as no one has read it. There is also the Panama Papers which reveals to us the money laundering that Trump has been doing in Panama. There is also the Hotel in Azerbaijan in which Trump negotiated for a vast sum and helped the Army of Iran gain millions by building this atrocity. There is also the Moscow Hotel, a Hotel in Malaysia, for which he was given half a billion by the deposed leader of that country. There is also the business deal that he supposedly made with North Korea so money could be laundered through that entity. There is also the new Aluminum plant going to be build in Kentucky by a Russian Oligarch, Two hundred million. Would be nice if it creates jobs but I feel the plant will be used to launder money out of Russia and eventually leave no jobs for any after the state puts in millions to make it work. McConnell will have some problems as he was the one who got Congress to drop the sanctions so this could go forward. Most of what Trump has done is to build and let go bankrupt projects so that money can be laundered. We will be seeing the financial records or the false records of this. Trump is going to go to jail for Tax evasion even with his cronies at the IRS, Treasury, Justice and the Attorney General. Warm up the jail cells Papa wants a gold one.

Hair Furor's trail of destruction is quite long and wide. Since the middle of the last administration the GOP has been trying to starve IRS into oblivion, with devastating effects. (Comment edited: Trump has had more of a role in the devastation of the agency than I realized, nominating a former tax attorney. The fox is guarding the henhouse again) Here's the story: [propublica.org]

@alliwant He put in the new head of the IRS and the guy right below him, both are for him and against getting the taxes out.

I am waiting for all the records to get to those who have asked for them. Then we will see how well a negotiator he is. Not good I feel.

To add insult to tRumps misery, that decision was handed down by a judge originally from Puerto Rico, appointed by Obama.

You know how tRump thinks about a Puerto Rican’s...
You know how tRump thinks about “Obama appointed” judges.

Sure hope he’s doubly rankled!

I opined before I read any other posting here.
Sorry.
Hope I didn’t step on anyone’s message. Not trying to steal your thunder. (Not my style...)

Good 👍

bobwjr Level 10 May 22, 2019

Won't happen. Somehow he'll get out of it.

it is possible that this will cause Pro Trump backlash.
meaning of trump supporters believe the government violates personal privacy.
if the records are turned over there is no guarantee that it will do political damage to Trump. his supporters may take as Trump fights the system to protect privacy for all.
like all of the attacks perpetrated by the Democrats it is better not-to-miss.
he will come back hard and he may not Miss.

Dtrump will bust his arse and everyone else's to squirm his way out of that one I reckon OR he will merely shut down the process, etc, until he can wangle the appointment of another Pro-Trump Judge who will circumvent the whole thing for him.

Poetic justice. Will the issue make it to the Supreme Court? Better yet, is this a Supreme Court issue? No, it's Reality TV.

all of the issues are constitutional questions, to my knowledge of History this is never happened before, we will find out what it means to be Chief executor, from the Supreme Court

actually I think it's professional wrestling

Appointed by Obama? Trump is not going to like it. The Supreme Court will rule in his favor. Lol

Great news,,now if they will only give the general public the high lights of them

I hope he is impeached by Labor day or sooner.

I will venture my opinion that he will not be impeached at all.

Impeaching Trump serves no purpose. Unless you can get the senate to do something, impeachment with just the house is me wagging my finger at you and saying shame shame. The best thing to do is continue the investigation and be perfectly transparent in the findings. Transparency and facts will not convince the Trump supporters but it can convince the middle not to put anymore stock in Donny the Con.

Trump cannot be convicted it take 67 votes in the Senate

@m16566 it might be possible if senate grows a set of balls to do it.

the Republicans that defect from their party will be clean from The Herd and left to die in the wilderness the party will never forget

@freedom41 It will at least be a public forum so people can see for themselves...

@Dougl35534 As a legal basis for the many subpoenas the House is processing, impeachment might prove valuable. Basically, House committees investigating impeachment have another avenue to claim that their actions are essential oversight; that it is their constitutional duty to find out all ways Trump may have betrayed his position.

There is a bit of poetic justice in that this judge is from Puerto Rico...kinda wish he threw a roll of paper towels to tRUMP's attorneys....

@thinktwice

Exactly. Poetic justice indeed!

The bonus of this ruling? The judge is named Ramos (born/raised in Puerto Rico) AND he's an Obama appointee... I just love it 👍🏿👌🏿!

@DGJ0114

Exactly. Think I will add this to the post. Thanks.

I believe our parents taught us that what goes around comes around...obviously, tRump's parents failed here....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:350887
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.