Agnostic.com

32 11

Does anyone else get: “ You can’t be an Atheist, you’re so nice and friendly”? It’s like if you’re an Atheist you must be an angry and evil demon!

Greysdad 4 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get that alllll the time. I’m so perky and happy, I’ve been known to irritate people. And I’m in bible thumping Texas.

I'm in bible thumping Idaho

We’ve been vilified for eons 😉 That’s why I love it, after pulling over to help an ol’ local get a tree off his fence (for example), I’m invited to his church doings because he’d like me in the flock ...and I politely describe not being religious.. Though he can’t believe it ..it’s a constant, for me 🙂

Varn Level 8 Mar 11, 2018

"You just need to read the bible."

"Reading the bible cemented my Atheism."

You forgot to cherry pick.

Yeah, nice and friendly aren’t usually used to describe me...

I was an angry evil demon before I was atheist.

Who's to say, maybe. Does it matter?

No to the Atheist thing, but we are pretty common out here in the NW US. The angry ones, oh those are the Christians, and fundamentalists.

I'm pretty angry tho

@LadyAlyxandrea When I was 5 my folks moved to Kansas. Left after I graduated from K-State. If I had to live around my relatives who live back there, I would be angry. They are a bunch of fundamentalists, racist, bigoted people. Out here in Oregon, on the bluer side of the state, being an Atheist is not a big deal. About half of the state is unchurched.

@Or-Humanist I'm hateful and angry. I need to move to a blue state, for my sanitys sake. I truly fear what I could do

Not many people know I'm an atheist. Only some I live with and my co-workers. There is an a-hole agnostic there though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.