Agnostic.com

11 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

William of Ockham would take a simpler approach

That approach isn't always right lol

Zzzzssszzszzzszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z, z

The eternal joke that we may be the result of another dimension college kid's project gone wild. Who are we to say it isn't? Who are we to say it is? Bottom line, we don't know crap but we must keep looking

I have no idea and really do not care. I am living in the world I live in and I am OK with that.

However, it could be a lot better.

Even if it were true, it would make absolutely no difference from our viewpoint, because everything is as it is, which is all that we can know.

cava Level 7 May 26, 2019

AS SIMULATIONS BECOME MORE AND MORE REAL IS IT POSSIBLE THAT WE ARE IN A SIMULATION RIGHT NOW?

This is how it starts folks. Looks to me like the first thing we have to proven is whether the simulation itself is able to think. This seems doubtful. It appears to me that the only ones capable of thinking are the humans who produced the simulation and that they themselves are not thinking very well.
The only thing I see that comes even close to ideas of ancestor simulation is the diehard belief that mankind has in gods.

Primitive civilizations invent pseudo-scientific theories (gods, etc) to explain our existence.
This video promotes mysticism masquerading as scientific conjecture.

After seeing "Inception", I conclude we are obviously in a simulation in a simulation in a simulation in a simulation because science! And maybe all that is in a turtle's dream also. (And the turtle is on top of infinite turtles for some reason.)

I've read our Universe,is a Science project on a shelf,in a closet of some far off World with a C- for a grade...

Yesterday.

[agnostic.com]

I can't even listen to the "simulation" theory.

I find this laughable until I see evidence that it is correct. πŸ˜€

This was posted because it is thought provoking, and, generally, very much a fronteer-like investigation into new ideas based on what we know about the universe now . . . . Proof one way or another, will not likely appear for a decade or two at minimum.

@THHA Until there is evidence, I consider the Ancestor Simulation hypothesis to be as unlikely as the God hypothesis. I am disappointed in Neal DeGrasse Tyson. Why is he promoting such balderdash?

@BestWithoutGods It’s entertaining to think about.

@WilliamFleming I agree that it is an entertaining thought, but in the video they speak of it as if it were reality. Is this a joke that I'm taking too seriously?

I do not consider it "promotion", if it was promotion, they would claim it was the case, I do not see that as being their message, it looks like a discussion to me, if science limited itself to only what seemed right at the moment, it is not likely we would have made it to the moon. This is one of the things that makes science fun . . . . and what comes out of it is not always what people speculate about, but the speculation often opens up other doors, ideas.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:352520
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.