Agnostic.com

8 1

What do you know about workplace discrimination?

I posted yesterday about an incidence of harassment I experienced at work. I looked into it and from what I understood, one incident isn't enough to file a harassment suit over. But today it looks like I've gotten fired. From what I understand, because I had asked my boss to talk things over in order to resolve the issue, I now have grounds for a harassment suit. Anyone know anything about this? Any recommendations? Do I need a lawyer?

UpsideDownAgain 7 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some states like Ohio where I am have no protections for employees at all. Employers can fire anyone for any reason, or no reason at all. I think the term is Employed at Will... Check Utah.

I think you sacrificed alot to work there- do
not allow them to demean your efforts!!!
What they did was wrong-1
Covering up -very evil-2; They intend to do it
again!!!

Do you have any of these interactions with your boss documented, witnessed, or corroborated in any way - if not you will be on difficult ground proving anything.

I say go for it. Don't forget to collect the unemployment checks for all you can.

I got fired once for filling out an application elsewhere. When I tried to get the unemployment, they claimed I voluntarily quit. I threatened taking it to court and the next thing you know, I got my checks.

Don't unions support this sort of thing in USA?

What unions? They are gone here.

Get a lawyer

bobwjr Level 10 May 27, 2019

Sorry that this happened to you. I hope you will have a favorable outcome.

With a Master degree in Human Resources Management, I taught workshops on employment discrimination.

See a lawyer. I don't know employment law in your state.

Do you know the federal guidelines? It's looking like it's only discrimination if he's treating me differently than others based on religious, sex, race, etc. The state laws here are fairly similar from what I'm understanding.

@UpsideDownAgain

Yes. Again, I suggest you see an attorney.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:352734
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.