Agnostic.com

9 25

LINK Meet the black humanist group challenging organised religion | The Voice Online

FTA: The goals of ABH are:

• to act as a support group to those wishing to leave religions
  • to provide a safe space where people can express themselves openly
  • to act as a social network and provide a range of social activities
  • to discuss issues rationally and base opinions on reason and evidence

ABH believe religion is just an idea that has the minds of black people in its powerful grip. As the great Bob Marley said, "Emancipate us from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds". In 2019 over fifty percent of people in the UK are non-religious. They have managed to free their minds from mental slavery. Try it, you might like it!

zblaze 7 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

right? It's no accident Bible was only book slaves were allowed to possess.

“Proletarians of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains” as declared by Marx and Engels and as paraphrased by Bob Marley...and he was Rastafari!

FTA - “ABH long for the day that organised religion comes to its natural end.”

Psalm 137 comes to mind!

Just a different Zion.

Given that the opening referenced Blacks, surely one of the saddest aspects of American Blacks is the loyalty to the religion that rationalized their enslavement and denigration. The shift to Islam is only slightly worse.

SUPER,on the right track...

I would like to 1. See them come to the U.S. 2. Start similar in person support groups groups here. Or am I missing a good chance to connect and help out?

If I were black, praising a blonde, blue eye Jesus would feel weird after 100s of years of salvery.

That's exactly why the blacks that wanted to continue believing started using scripture to prove their Jesus was a black man. It's easier just to assume it is all hogwash.

Bravo! The church is very ingrained in Black culture. Sad, considering how instrumental it was in their enslavement. I hope this is a trend!

On this site you're preaching to the converted.

That may be, but maybe the converted don't mind spreading the word . . . .

It's about damn time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:353427
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.