Agnostic.com

9 3

Hi there. I'm new to the group. I wasn't raised with religion. My Mom was an ex-Catholic and my Stepdad is a secular Jew. My Mom was into some spiritual practices like Buddhism, Zen, and the Tao (among other things). I've been a truth seeker for a long time. I've found that there isn't much that can be said to be an absolute truth. I've had some of what I consider spiritual experiences, but I don't really derive a belief system from them. They have been enough for me to remain agnostic, though, rather than deny any possibility of non-material reality.

SeaGreen 4 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hi SeaGreen, many years ago I also read various texts including those related to Buddhism, Taoism etc and came to a conclusion that life is a personal journey, goodness lies within not without and that god(s) don't exist, at least not in they way they're promoted, and I have no evidence to the contrary.

Welcome to a truly freethinker community.

Spiritual experiences? Brain chemistry.

Ask. Discuss. Read. Some of what happens here has meaning. Some is fluff. You decide. Welcome.

Hello and welcome. I am new at this...I am 2 days old lol

Welcome!

Wlcome aboard from many former catholics who found freedom.Hope you enjoy the site.

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.