Agnostic.com

13 4

How do you decorate your table?

I love fresh flowers on the table. Makes me feel happy.

Flowers add color, grace and beauty to a table.

The pink roses are on a branching stalk together. They looked stark until I filled in with red roses.

During winter holidays, I set up a lighted village.

For Thanksgiving, I decorate with finger puppets made by my daughter, Claire, and me when she was 6-1/2. Claire, 29, remembers looking up Pilgrim dress in the Reference section of the library together.

How do you decorate your table? Show us a picture, please.

LiterateHiker 9 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember when I first started moving to another city that was a complete stranger to me. I had to decorate my apartment and buy all the necessary furniture. If you watch Unbeatable furniture deals you will understand what exactly helped me with decorating my apartment. I decorated the tables with thin towels with a long border, which looked incredibly beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.

My dinning table - it is usually more cluttered - but always has wine bottle candles and I love natural wood. This is called Live Edge that uses the natural tree edge in the boards without trimming. I found this at a local Box store and was my Birthday gift to me... not real spendy - but I really like it!

I try to keep the whole house neat and clean, BUT the dining room table doubles as a desk, with notes, articles, and all kinds of papers. At least when guests come over it's an easy clean.

Old newspapers, empty beer bottles and dirty plates are my go to decorations 😉

I usually only decorate on Holidays sometimes , Christmas all the time,,occasionally will do a fall theme ,Single guy but try and keep the table cleaned off most of the time ,like that look

Nice!!!! Pretty and Nice!!!! Pretty Nice!!!!!

I don't decorate. I like a clean table top.
If I had the storage, my counters wouldn't have anything on them, but
the coffee pot and the toaster oven.

My table gets decorated, and undecorated by my roommates, Xena and Zelda. I did have my SIL paint my Dining room table white, and then I put a stencil in it. The cats can't knock that off. Decorating with kitty girls is impossible, so I gave that up.

I usually rearrange the books stacked on it! Any flat place in my house gathers books!

BillF Level 7 May 31, 2019

I keep a spray can of Raid on the table all the time along with lots of other junk.

Always a candle to give warmth and light and show a way back in the darkness. today, roses picked from the rose garden, for perfume to fill the room.

@ShadowAmicus

Beautiful!

@LiterateHiker thank you
ps - it is not the flowers that give grace and beauty to your home

@ShadowAmicus

I meant that flower give grace and beauty to the table.

@LiterateHiker I know that is what you meant - but your grace and beauty fills the home

@ShadowAmicus

Awww.... hugs.

Very simply, and unextended, when not being used.
The second photo is my coffee table when not being used for tea or coffee.

@Petter

Where did you get the doilies?

I use doilies under lamps and items that scratch the tabletop.

@LiterateHiker My wife's grandmother crotcheted some, and my wife crotcheted some. (I'm merely crotchety!)

I like to decorate the table with food. Changes daily, so no pics.

1of5 Level 8 May 31, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:354837
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.