Agnostic.com

7 4

It's easy to grow and dry Italian Parsley

I cut off stalks of Italian Parsley growing in a pot on my sunny deck. The (now smaller) plant is still growing. More stalks to dry later.

The leaves dry quickly near the warm ceiling. Air circulation around each leaf is essential.

Once dry, I will crumble the leaves for cooking. Frozen parsley stalks are used in making soup.

How do you dry herbs?

LiterateHiker 9 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I harvest herbs through the summer - use frsh as needed and bunch the rest to hang close to the ceiling over my woodburner

@ShadowAmicus

Thorough experience, I learned tying herbs in a bunch makes them rot. To dry without rotting, the leaves need air circulation.

See how I spaced the Italian Parsley on the strings?

Very cool - and it looks awesome too!

I pop mine in the dehydrator for a few hours. I already put up several jars of numerous herbs.

Zster Level 8 June 2, 2019

I have an oregano plant that has returned in its 3rd year bigger than ever. Last year I dried a whole jar of it.

I hang them from the highest yardarm! Or by tying string around the tiny stalks and hanging them from the overhead door jamb. Looks just like your photos! I’ve dried parsley and sage that way,

Yes be sure to use a dry and clean bath towel when taking them out of the tube, I mean sink.

I love eating the fresh parsley garnishment at the end of the meal ,enjoy taste and makes a good breath mint

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:355403
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.