Agnostic.com

7 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is an excellent series of books called the Female Fear written about this subject.

MizJ Level 8 June 8, 2019

I read the link and the comments, and I feel saddened.

Thank you..

I broke down crying while reading this. Got my Huge boobs at age 11, no idea how to cope, now 71, got boobs reduced last year & wear white hair...unbelievable relief probably 80% of the time....guess to be treated like a PERSON I will need to be dead.

@AnneWimsey,I had the breast reduction at 40. Had I known insurance covered it I would have done it years before. But my poor 14 year old granddaughter 😟 I've seen grown men checking her out since she was only twelve. Makes me want to punch them in the face.

@altschmerz have never understood the very widespread ASSumption that because I had big boobs (strictly genetics, not a choice!) I was somehow a "loose woman".......

@Ms_McSteven you need an actual Doctor. Someone who listens to what You want! Your requests sound perfectly reasonable, I think that idiot just wanted to pad the bill...what you wanted/needed would probably have been covered by insurance, all that crap she describes would Not, therefore, a lot of money for her, from you. Disgraceful!

@Ms_McSteven that's a commentary on both her level of competence & empathy. Sad!

@Ms_McSteven This almost sounds like the doc was being greedy and trying to extort more money from you

Women and girls are not safe in America and it's worse around the world. Thank you for posting this excellent article. Each sentence resonated deeply.

Since age 15 when I developed breasts, I have been grabbed, stalked by two men, kissed against my will, catcalled, assaulted and continually sexually harassed by men. Fucking predators.

"You look like a victim," a man said recently. I was horrified. "I don't feel like a victim!" I replied. "I dress modestly, walk fast with good posture, scanning for men with my head high. I never look in my purse or at my phone while walking."

"You are thin," he replied. "You look easy to grab." This chilled me to my core.

At two different jobs (YMCA and an insurance office), my male supervisor cornered me alone in the office and tried to rape me. Both men overpowered me with their weight and height. They pinned me against a wall by my neck. When they let go with one hand to loosen their belt, I broke free and ran.

My "luck" ran out when I was raped in 2007.

Two years later, my 19-year-old daughter was brutally raped and beaten by a strange man. Claire was sleeping in her bed at college when he attacked. After years of therapy, Claire, 29, still wakes up screaming. Claire and I both have PTSD.

I could go on, but writing this makes me feel anxious.

My life is constricted due to men. I never shop at night. Never park next to a van. Ask people to walk me to my car. Never hike alone. Keep my home and car doors locked. Never go to bars.

Men devour me with their eyes because I am slender and fit. It's frightening.

Men can't comprehend what women go through. They can try but they will never understand. You are correct. The grabbing,forced kisses,remarks. Women age out of some of it but rapist don't care about age. It's all about power whether a female is a child or well into advanced years.

But what REALLY tics me off is the criticism from other women when I call out a bully or misogynist!! Fuck me running when they make an excuse for some s.o.b. that bullies old women or a disabled person.
I have one person in mind that used to live in this apartment complex (he died last year). He picked on a man with epilepsy, an old woman beginning to show signs of dementia, etc. He made the mistake of trying to tell me what the bible says about women's roles.
Several women around here stick up for him, make excuses cause hallelujah he found jesus.
I see it all the time, roy moore, trump, etc. it is disgusting and I have NO respect for these ignorant women.

"Fuck me running" I haven't heard that in years. I used to say it years ago and my boyfriend would say "Take Off" 🙂

For some of us men who were taught to treat women with full dignity and respect, it really is hard to imagine how vile some men can be toward women. Yet, all of us can't help noticing a women who is well endowed physically. And we do have sexual thoughts about some women. After I passed my age of raging hormones, I have always found that the women I admire and to whom I am attracted are those who are intelligent, perceptive, caring, yet assertive. But, I have always known to keep my mouth shut about aggressively stating my attraction to them. I hav also never allowed myself to get involved with a women in my workplaces or made sexual advances toward any of them.

There is nothing wrong with looking at anyone for a very brief amount of time; if you aren't staring at the person you are having sexual thoughts about no worries, that's biology. This larger issue of the treatment of women in our society will not improve simply because not all men are participants. Improvement would be possible if men were not complicit in their silence when they witness disrespectful behavior. This also applies to racism and others.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357648
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.