Agnostic.com

17 4

Dream car?

Not everyone cares about cars or vehicle (driving type)but most people admire one or a few. If you have a dream car, what is it?

For me it's the Volvo P1800 like Simon Templer drove. Or perhaps a Bugatti.

Akfishlady 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm too skint these days to worry about it but for years and years I always fancied a Jensen Interceptor

Jag Rolls royce Bentley Audi

Zhejiang Geely Holding Group bought flying car company Terrafugia in 2017 and they are planning to bring commercially sell the first flying car in 2019, in the United States. Geely is also the parent company of Volvo.

They will bring the roadable plane that they have been flying for several years to market.

There are many companies trying to commercialize flying cars. Airbus and Uber are trying to make ride-sharing flying cars or flying taxis.

Geely plans to follow this up with the world’s first vertical take-off and landing aircraft (VTOL), like the TF-X prototype pictured above, by 2023.

Boston-based Terrafugia was founded by five MIT graduates in 2006 and is a world-leader in flying-car technology.

Gleely’s first model will be a plug-in hybrid vehicle with a range of 800 kilometers, with a two-seater cabin and folding wings, so that it can fit in a typical car lane. It is expected to cost $279 000 (about R3.3-million).
[nextbigfuture.com]

[theverge.com]

An electric car with active spoiler system from Rimac, top speed 258MPH.

A car built in the same decade I happen to be wandering around in, or a black 1959 Cadillac, 2 door hard top, black interior.

A DeLorean with a flux capacitor and a Mr. Fusion unit.

Stripes movie motor home with armor weapons and computers onboard. ...bring Egon back to life driving and operating it all for me ....replace the gas motor with hydrogen self generating system & large tank full

Mine would say Mopar somewhere on it. The name badge could vary.

I'd kill (okay, maybe not kill, but MAIM!) for a 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible, red with eggshell interior. Swoon!!!

I used to want a Mazda Miata, and now I think if I rode in one I might not ever get out of it. I can step down from my current ride, but the Miata you have to climb up out of.

My good friend got a Mata about a year and a half ago. He may have kept it a year, but then sold it. I suspect for similar a reason.

@Condor5 Nice to know. My car is 11 years old, I know it won't last forever. When I replace it I will know to skip the Miata.

@HippieChick58 you probably wouldn't want a Mini for similar reasons. Though, they have a surprising amount of room inside for as small as they are.

the old VW Camper would be great if everything worked nice. the first generation of the Mazda Cosmo would be fun too.

Two words: "paid for".

I have my dream car. It's a Mini Cooper; British Racing Green with a white top. It's the car that I missed getting at 15. A friend of my cousin was selling it, but I couldn't get it then, and I really wanted it. So I pretty much forgot about it until about 6 yrs ago. I found this one and bought it. I love it, it is so much fun to drive. Plus, this one is more reliable than the older original Minis.

How about a cute lil Cobra with a 427 cu in mill?

jeffy Level 7 Mar 12, 2018

I like the jaguar xj6 from around the Fifties. But I had more fun in the first Subarus that were imported around 1972

Jaguar f type

Citroen DS 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 12, 2018

Or a Tatra 77.

Or a Tatra 87. I do like a Tatra.

@Akfishlady Except the Tatras! La Déesse, bien sûr, is as French as a bulb of garlic sitting in a cafe reading Proust. drinking kir and smoking unfiltered Gauloises at breakfast time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.