Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Why Do (So Many) American Women Still Support Patriarchy?

Conditioning, fear of change...

HippieChick58 9 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because the pope stated that if we won't support the patriarchal model, we won't get the 72 vibrators in heaven.

zesty Level 7 June 16, 2019

What would Jebus say?..Societal conditioning from cradle to the grave..the constant drumming of "but girls, women can't or don't"...👿👿👿👿👿👿

Major question I have been asking for years. IMHO religion has played a major role, why the gnostics failed and their teachings were suppressed I have no idea.
That's not to say if we had a matriarchal society women would not be as controlling, bullying, genital grabbing, etc.
So that leaves money and greed which IMHO is behind most of not all religions.
Why equality is so scary for so many is beyond me.

I didn't see any reference to the bible stating woman should submit to their husbands.

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church".

One of many passages stating women are submissive to men

I think you should study the bible a bit more.

@Moravian I think I know all I need to know about the bible already. I'm not big on fiction.

@rogueflyer Make your mind up . First you say there is no reference to patriarchy in the bible , which is untrue then you say you know all you need to know about the bible.

Not only are the first books of the old testament interesting stories it is important to have a working knowledge of them to counteract the proselytizing of theists

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.