Agnostic.com

13 2

Ever been 'double crossed' by a friend?

How did you handle it?

atheist 8 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Double crossed means that you have been crossed at least once before. Hell, if I try to picture it I see a Catholic priest making a sign of the cross.

Too many times to bother counting, that is why I have a very small and select group of Friends these days.

Not by any I kept.

Yup. They have to go.

@atheist Some peopel will hang onto such friends, because it makes them feel "needed". I think it only makes them co-depedent and helps to enable bad bahaviors.

Oh yes. A good friend (so I thought) at a naturist club I was a member of. I'd unconvered a conspiracy against families with young children that went right up to committee level (basically a bunch of oldies wanting to turn the place into some sort of retirement village.) I'd done this by reading the monthly meeting minutes that were not normally for the consumption of non-committe members. I had access, since they'd put me in charge of their IT, and the minutes were on one of the office computers.

Several two faced bastards (no better way to put it) had put in written complaints about our lack of parental supervision on a karaoke evening. We'd been sitting at one table and our son was less than ten feet away with the guy who worked the karaoke machine, who used to let him start and stop the songs. Apparently, our son knocked the karaoke machine and made it skip while someone was singing. If I recall correctly, six people put in written complaints about that one incident, the karaoke guy's wife being one of them. Based on the number of complaints, rather than the severity of the incident, we'd received a formal written warning about this, threatening termination of membership if anything like it happened again. But the letter didn't even specify what had happened, which was why I went digging.

But what actually got us kicked out of the club (and apparently banned for life) was this supposedly 'best friend' there. She (also a parent with young kids, and in the same boat as us) was going on about how lovely someone was. I explained that she needed to be careful of that person, and then told her why.

I'm not sure who she passed this information on to, but the next thing I knew, I was in front of a 'kangaroo tribunal', headed by the ringleader of the anti-children brigade. Of course you can guess which way the tribunal went.

She did us a favour, ultimately. The club had become a liability. It would have held me back from doing other things with my life, because LGBT faces really didn't fit there (I hadn't come out at that point.) But still, her and her big mouth really let us down in that moment, and to this day, I don't know whether she did it accidentally or on purpose.

I met her randomly on holiday at another location a few years later. Agreed to let bygones be bygones, but only for the sake of not ruining everyone's holiday. More for the sake of the kids than anything.

yes, and how, a number of times, and the ones I think about are big deals,

@atheist 'TUNE!!!!' Love that song 🙂

I have been forced to just walk away from almost every friend I have ever had usually over issues like money

Sad part was I valued the friendships more than the money, but even an attempt at reparations was to much to ask

Many times but what goes around comes around and there not friends.

lol

Oh..my ex Best Friend was doing my Ex..I drank Alot and worked on my painting amd looked forward to my W/Es with my kids..then divorce.

@atheist I found out recently he has died from lung cancer...

@atheist it the #1 way to betray..

Yes, and I even allowed one to fool me twice before I had to cut them out entirely. People seem determined to let you down these days.

@atheist It's not just that experience which colors my opinions. There are good folks around too, but sadly it feels like the numbers are dwindling.

Yes, I has been but I didn't seek revenge since life has a way to make them pay you....at a profit

@atheist I rather not.

More than once. I never saw them again.

Iffy Level 5 Mar 13, 2018

Cut them clean out of my life, with no remorse.
I'm like a damned surgeon with that shit.

@atheist No.

me too. That's like a super power of mine. Don't break my trust or it's over.

Yes, a good friend at that. We are friends no more.

@atheist It was bad judgment on his part. It is sad for he was one of the best friends I ever had. Trust is the foundation of any close relationship for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.