Agnostic.com

62 5

Two Questions??

One of the earliest sapiens behaviors that is considered “religious” in nature is burying the dead.

1. How do you dispose of your deceased pet’s remains, and...
  2. How do you wish your own to be handled?
skado 9 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (51 - 62)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1 vet cremated
2 be cremated, whatever my kids want to do with ashes is fine. can just be tossed if they want.

1. I have them cremated at the vets' and have them disposed of.
  2. I hope I will be cremated and the ashes disposed of in any way my daughter chooses. I have expressed to her that I don't care how. As far as I'm concerned, once life is gone, then whatever made us different from a carcass in a taxidermist or butcher shop is gone. While I hope I won't be stuffed or eaten, I'll be gone -- the way a flame is gone from a candle when it's snuffed out.

Dog,,, burial
Fish,,, flush
Me,,, dump me in the sea!

Most of our pets have been buried somewhere in the yard. The last two that passed, however, we had cremated. It was just easier at the time. As for myself, I really hadn't thought about it much. My side of our family had opted for cremation and I'm not opposed to it. My dad had his ashes scattered and something about that appeals fo me. I don't feel a need to have a grave site - I'd much rather the land dedicated to cemetaries be used for something like a park for families or a garden to picnic in. If someone needs something to remember me by, then they can grow something - a flower, a tree, a vegetable garden, anything they like, even a pet perhaps. That way they are never separated from the token of the memory. My mom's ashes were interred in California and I now live in Texas. It's a bit difficult to go to her burial site and when we are in the area, we typically have other things to do with kids and grandkids.

Buried the dog with honors.

If time and energy permit I hope to perform a dramatic and joyful self-cremation, thereby depriving the funeral industry of their insane fees—also the medical mafia. It’ll also be a slap in the face to our bureaucratic overlords.

self-immolation? won't that be hard on the family?

No pets, but for myself - organs harvested, the remains cremated, and planted in a Bios Urn, preferably as a lodgepole pine on the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone National Park (that part might be tricky).

I had my Little Buddy cremated but I did not want the ashes. I will be cremated or that new one where you just decompose, I am an avid gardener so it only makes sense er dirt.

When I die, don’t bury me
In a box in a cemetery
Out in the garden would be much better
And I could be pushing up home grown tomatoes

• Guy Clark
  1. All my pets have been killed and eaten by racoons.
  2. Natural burial. No enbalming. Buried upright in a cotton shroud. No headstone. Instead, plant a cedar or oak on my grave.

@Allamanda [uprightburials.com.au]

if you get another pet have you considered trying to protect it against racoons?

1. I have a moseleum.
  2. viking funeral.

Also burying is mostly to prevent the spreading of disease.

Cremate them. Thanks for the reminder. 😟

I'd like to be composted.

1of5 Level 8 June 22, 2019

Haven’t owned pets in a while.
I would like to be cremated and my ashes not kept but released anywhere.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.