Agnostic.com

62 5

Two Questions??

One of the earliest sapiens behaviors that is considered “religious” in nature is burying the dead.

1. How do you dispose of your deceased pet’s remains, and...
  2. How do you wish your own to be handled?
skado 9 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Burn & scatter.

We bury our puppies, they are all in the same yard. Along with grave goods! Favourite toys etc.

I’m not bothered for me. I have been meaning to make arrangements for leaving my body to science.

since i'm retired canadian navy/airforce i'm entitled to a burial at sea. maybe i should request it. i do like the ocean which i've been within a short distance most of my life (now 3 blocks).

That would be awesome. Maybe fish could use your skull and rib cage as an artificial reef 🙂

@freeofgod ,
yes, a few minnows could fit inside my skull.

1. Bury my deceased cats in the yard...however I live in the country, not a city.
  2. Don't care...will be cremated. For all I care, they can give my ashes a "Polish Water Burial", A.K.A., a flush down the toilet.

Cremated our dog, Logan, a Siberian Husky. One of four children who have health issues wishes to be cremated. My choice as well.

JrhQ12 Level 6 June 22, 2019

Should have said, any useful recyclables they can have/ harvest!

Both cremated. Theirs scattered wherever I thought they most enjoyed being, and my own ashes mixed with concrete and made into a sculpture of something simple and elegant (two things that I am not).

I've directed in my will that my body be donated to a hospital or university for research purposes. my personal representative has been made aware of this. and hopefully Provisions will be made immediately

m16566 Level 7 June 22, 2019

Same here.

i have one cat buried in the back yard but my elderly pets do insist on sometimes dying in the winter when the ground is frozen, and i don't believe they are in their bodies anymore, or anywhere else but my memory and heart, so cremation is the easiest disposition. i have no idea how i want my own to be handled. i am sure i won't know about it at any rate, when the time comes.

g

Over the last 30 years, I have had 3 cats and 1 dog. The cats were buried in the backyard near each other (it was a large yard). The dog was cremated and the ashes buried in the backyard near her 'run' area (she was much larger than a cat).

I have told my children that I would prefer cremation..... and they can decide where to spread my ashes wherever it is meaningful to them.

1. Bury in the garden.

2. Cremate then have a tree planted and the ashes scattered around it.

Cremation to both.

BCDP Level 1 June 24, 2019

I've buried all my pets so far.
I want to be cremated. I think that it is the easiest option. Plus, I don't want to take up space after I'm dead.

Every pet before the last one was buried. My 90 pound dog died while I was in Hungary this spring. I couldn't ask my house sitter to bury him or actually trust him to bury him so I asked him to take him to the vet for cremation. Cremation is the cheapest way to leave the world and I have mine prepaid so no one will go through a funeral home to get it done. I've asked my children to intermingle my ashes with my husband's and do whatever they want with them.

I like your idea of comingling your ashes with your husband's. I believe my wife wants to be buried, though. I know she would wish I would be buried also, but i'm not so sure. I do believe that what is done with my remains is the ultimate decision of those who survive me. After my death, I won't have much say over what's left behind and I am satisfied with whatever makes those living feel most comforted (even if I do have my own ideas).

Both my dogs were cremated. That's how I'd like to go, but I told my kids to surprise me. After I kick the bucket, they can let me walk the streets for all I care. 🤣

zeuser Level 9 June 23, 2019

Yeah but that whole undead thing is kind of creepy ain't it? 🤔

@oldFloyd Seems to be a good thing. If it were true. 🤣

Pets I have buried, as for myself I'm trying for the simple burial, still in negotiations with my wife, I see it more from the Klingon point of view, it is but an empty husk do with it what you will.

I don't have pets and will never have one. I don't dislike pets and no offense but I put giving my spare resources to starving, potentially dying children around the world above owning and caring for pets.

1. large pets to the vet...small pets bury
  2. I don't care. I'll be dead.

My profile has photo of my behavior this year regarding my cat. As for myself I couldn't care less and have told my nok to do whatever suits them.

Mostly we have buried pets but the yard is getting pretty filled up.
For me, give away whatever can be used. If there’s anything left, I like the thing where they plant a tree or just compost it.

1. Trash bin
  2. Burn ‘em

In the back yard.
Viking funeral
Unless we die together, then viking funeral for us both.

We buried our cats in the yard. I will be cremated and ashes scattered in ocean.

I have had my dogs cremated and scattered when they died and I will be cremated and scattered as well.

alon Level 6 June 22, 2019

we have our last 2 cat's ashes in urns.
i'll be cremated & in an urn in a cemetery. but i couldn't care less what happens to my remains.

1. I have the remains (ashes) of my grandmother dog and I have been asked to bury them. I’m going to use an auger to drill a hole in the yard and pour the ashes into the hole. I expect that if I don’t bury them deep enough, the ashes will adversely affect the soil pH and kill the surrounding grass.

2. I heard that Washington recently legalized having your remains composted. I like that idea, but frankly, I won’t be alive to enjoy whatever the world does with my meat sack when the spark of my life is snuffed out

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.