Agnostic.com

13 0

I have been on here for about a month now. I have a nice picture profile and gave a profile of who I am and what I believe in. My question is why has no-one shown any interest in dating me? Is there something I'm doing wrong

Chefedone 6 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is not a dating site: it's a lot better than that. I have been on more than a few dating sites, and all I got out of them are a few emails, and no meet ups. So I can honestly say this is every bit as good as every other dating site in that regard. 🙂

The conversations are more interesting here too. To paraphrase Saint Zippy the Pinhead: "I must be on the right planet: everyone here thinks like me."

The certificate thingy in Communication???? Did you buy it? 😉

To be brutal.
Your profile is unflattering and displays all your dirty laundry.

Sorry man, wrong gender. But this is less a dating site and more for discussions, though you are certaibly free and encouraged I think to contact people who are also looking for dating.

I've never had much luck with dating sites, even paid eHarmony once lol. That was a waste of money as I got literally nowhere, the site couldn't match me with anyone lol. I'm here because I enjoy discussion more than anything and here is a great deal of like minded people to discuss whatever with. So far it's been a great community but I'm not expecting anything dating wise out of it.

Oh my e harmony.
Yes.
I paid for it too and feel like a failure as a human being because of the ads for it. False advertising,I didn't get a dog or a boyfriend.
Hahaha.
🙂

I'd be interested..but..you live in Ohio..sorry.

No there just not interested yet, this sight has no garrentee and its not your whole world.

Yes. What she said.

I was referring to BlueWave. I also read your profile and I would definitely take down all of the mental health stuff about your ex, the entire stepdaughter comment and the hobby comment. Alot of people have some degree of drama in their lives but it isn't the very first thing you want to announce about yourself to people you are wanting to date. Also, you mentioned that you're intelligent twice. Best to you. Im rooting for you. 🙂

@DelilahJones33 People are actually reading profiles? Mine just says I hate feeling these things out. I guess I better go edit it.....

@EricTrommater I read alot of them. Naturally curious... 😉

@DelilahJones33 I usually end up just looking at the pictures...

This isn't really a dating site. I know it bills itself as such, but it really isn't. You might get a nibble or two, but it's too small of a site and the people are spread out all over the world.

I agree with the community and group size statements. This is not your typical dating site but it IS pretty interesting and unique. Hang in there!

To me this seems much more like a community board with dating tacked on. As a guy who's been on actual dating sites (mainly just one) for years, i can say that unless you're the one making the moves it can take quite a while for someone to show interest and even then that takes a specific kind of person. The online dating experience is quite different between men and women as usually a guy won't receive tons of messages for various reasons, or at least i didn't, haha. Also as already stated, it could be as simple as no one in your area being interested in dating. In any scenario though, patience is a must.

Looked at your profile and have some suggestions. If you want to message me I'll help if you want some constructive criticism.

Maybe there isn't anyone in your area who is here for dating?
There are quite a few of us who are only here for community.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.