Agnostic.com

19 22

LINK Netflix says it won't 'make any more' episodes of Amazon Prime's 'Good Omens' after Christian petition

Some have put their intelligence factor on the table for scrutiny. Wrong network! LOL!!!

IAJO163 8 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh bless them. They can’t always be right the poor dears.

We shouldn’t mock the afflicted. After all, Christians are people too!

If they think "Good Omens" is blasphemous don't let them learn about Preacher.

The main character is a "born again" preacher fused with the unborn union of an angle and a deamon. Even God left heaven to hide from it.

Oh and it has Hitler.

I love this show! Especially the interpretation of Jesus as an idiot. Too funny. God is a biker in a dog costume with a sexy companion. Seth Rogen and crew get my vote on this one.

For an added kick, did anyone notice that the petition was to ban it on Netflix when the show is produced and released on Amazon Prime? Two totally separate streaming networks not even remotely owned by the same corporate entities.

I've watched a few episodes and it is "ok" I like the actors and the story is amusing in the absurdity of it all. But not, laugh out loud funny.

Had this petition actually affected anything the humor is it wouldn't result in much.
Just another example of how the sheep are illogical idiots.

I think making Adam and Eve black was the kicker. lol. It began in a way that they didn't want to admit to.

I'll have to take another look.

I was judging it by the standard of Dogma.

I'll give it another chance.

There are just SO MANY choices now.

By way of torrent TV I can download shows and watch them when I feel like it.

I would like to begin a petition censoring the voices of those that wish to censor a work of fiction. While we are at it, let's start burning art because of nudity. I also propose that we ban any song that has 'naughty' words. Any texts that contain sexual content and villainy. Hmmm. I think the first book on the pile would be the bible. Lets start a petition to burn that. It is full of good and evil, incest, demons, magical beings, etc. If two authors (one of them brilliant and one of my favorites) are to be shunned for using their imagination because it offends, I will personally donate the first lighter to burn a bible. I always let others do as they wish, but don't censor anything. Believe in God? Go for it. Worship celery? Fine. Have an imagination and a way with words? Write.

The radical extremist christians are not known for their brilliance, quite the contrary, they often expose themselves as the ignorant fools they are.

Love it when idiots out themselves, also the show was great.

BCDP Level 1 June 24, 2019

A fitting reply.

LOl, that's like what the Italians did to the series " Rome" because it " put their history in a bad light."
I've never seen 'Good Omens' but IF the Faithfools don't like it then chances are I might enjoy it.
Just as my Evangelist neighbor takes umbrage at my playing the soundtrack of Jesus Christ Superstar because he says that it is Blasphemous, so I play even more often and even louder, bugger the Faithfool Snowflakes in my opinion, if it upsets them then so be it, do it even more.

weak sauce

It is based on one of my favorite books. Glad to see the morally outraged are too brain dead to know what network is responsible for making it.. I hope they keep up the good work.

LB67 Level 7 June 23, 2019

@LimitedLight those are the kind of religious individuals that I can enjoy spending time with...the ones who have not lost their sense of humor.

The show seems like a good and funny story and is just as believable or unbelievable as the bible or the quaran, or Marvel Comics.

It's really interesting to me that Christians can inconvenience me any time they want (proselytizing, prayer, etc), but the minute a non-believer does something they scream that we're "throwing our atheism in their faces".

If they don't want to watch it, fine then don't watch it.

I have told my evangelical sister about this show, and she might just watch it. She doesn't go around with a corncob up her ass though.

I hope someone tells them to petition ESPN to cancel "Miracle Workers" and QVC to cancel "The Good Place".

LMAO funny

bobwjr Level 10 June 23, 2019

That is just great.

I have both providers. Guess I have to watch the show now.

godef Level 7 June 23, 2019

I have to agree with KK Gator on this one but it's also amazing that these people can't realize that there are literally hundreds of ways in which to not watch something or not listen to something or not read something, their only purpose in life is to deny others the choice. 🤬

I'm so sick of stupid people.
Especially "morally outraged" stupid people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.